IT Service Catalogue
All IT services
- CRM Software: CRM software helps businesses better manage engagement with its constituents as well as providing a customisable platform to support streamlining of its business processes
- Student Umail: Providing email and cloud storage to students and alumni of the University. All UCC students automatically have an email account created for them. Umail is the name of the UCC Student Email service, it is powered by Google. Your UCC Email account is yours for life.
- External Hosting of Personal Data: A service to ensure the safekeeping of UCC personal data when it is hosted externally.
- File Sender: Filesender allows us to upload and send files of up to 2GB in size for non-HTML5 browsers. It also enables users to send encrypted files within UCC, or provide a guest voucher for vendors outside UCC to send encrypted files to staff within UCC.
- Helpdesk - Student IT: The Student IT Helpdesk is your first point of contact for any student IT related issues. The main helpdesk is located in the Boole Basement and a second desk is located on the ground floor of the Boole Library.
- Information Protection - AIP: Microsoft Azure Information Protection - AIP - enables you to protect documents on your computer before sharing them, and also enables you to protect emails in Outlook before sending them.
- Learning Technologies: The mission of the Learning Technologies Unit is to stimulate and support the development of electronic course delivery in UCC.
- Multifactor Authentication: Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is an extra layer of security for your University logon account, it augments the thing you “know” (your username and password) with additional authentication factors, and is used to prevent others from accessing your account, even if they know your password.
- Media Hosting: Users can upload their original videos using an easy-to-use upload form.
- Office 365: Office 365 is a suite of online applications. These are office applications plus other productivity services that are enabled over the Internet (cloud services), such as Microsoft Teams and hosted email for business.
- OneDrive for Business: This service provides a cloud storage facility for UCC staff and students to store and share work files.
- Outlook PST's are no longer supported.: IT Services can see that there are a lot of staff out there, that have old email in archived .pst files stored on their desktops and laptops. This is a very vulnerable place to store important data and given that we have moved to Office 365 some years back and peoples mailboxes are much larger, we are reminding people to move that email stored locally on their machine, back up to the cloud. Especially now that we have MFA to secure access to that email.
- Password Reset - Staff: Staff can reset their @ucc.ie password using this service
- Password Reset - Self Service Password Reset (SSPR): Staff can reset their @ucc.ie email password using this service.
- Protect your Documents with OneDrive : There is an additional service to Microsoft OneDrive for Business which can be used to protect your Documents folder, Desktop and Pictures, without the need for you to actively save it to the cloud. Simply turn on this feature, and when you save documents to your desktop or documents folder, they will automatically save to your Onedrive folder, and be accessible from any device.
- Pubble Service - Live Q&A: Pubble is a community engagement platform that brings the social web to your site. What this means is that the Pubble system allows users to type questions directly to a group of moderators through a specific webpage. These questions are displayed on the site immediately and the moderators can be assigned questions to answer. The moderators then answer their assigned questions. The answers are immediately posted to the live site, similar to a twitter feed.
- Publish - myTimetable: Publish allows students to create their own individual timetable.
- Personal Computer Support: What personal computer support is available for UCC staff/
- QuickMinutes: QuickMinutes is a, Quick Agenda and Minute taking application, QuickMinutes transforms the process of meeting management into an efficient and satisfying activity. QuickMinutes should be used for Committee and Other Meetings documentation and organisation.
- Research DataStore: This service provides a network based shared data storage facility for the UCC Research community. Principal Investigators can setup network storage space to store research files and documentation that can be access by the research team. Research Groups will have access to 1TB of storage and folders can be shared with researchers in either the central or student domains.
- IT Services for Retired Staff: This service provides information on the services available to retired UCC staff. Please note that the list of services offered may change over time.
- SharePoint: SharePoint allows you to collaborate and share documents and ideas with both colleagues and external users.
- SQL Server DBA: Installation, configuration and management of SQL Server systems. Defining UCC standards, procedures and documentation. Liaising with software providers to ensure compliance with UCC SQL Server standards and connectivity to their applications. This service underpins many applications including Alumni Management and Pensions. This service is provided as part of IT Services projects to install new or upgrade applications for UCC systems. We do not provide a DBA service on a request basis.
- Microsoft Teams: Microsoft Teams is a hub for teamwork which you can use on your PC, Mac, or mobile device. It is available to Staff and Students. External users can be added to a team as a guest user.
- Virtual App: Virtual App is a device independent service which provides on and off campus access to UCC’s applications and services.
- Visio: Visio helps you visually communicate complex information from multiple data sources by creating professional flow charts, timelines, process maps, organisational charts, and more.
- Windows 7 to 10 Upgrade: IT Services has completed its upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10