Virtual App & Desktop
Summary: Virtual App is a device independent service which provides on and off campus access to UCC’s applications and services.
Primary users of this service: Staff, Student
Who to contact to use this service: Helpdesk | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | IT Services |
Contact to discuss this service:
Strategic Focus: Enabling Infrastructure Services
Description of the Service
Virtual App enables staff and students access to UCC’s online services where the following conditions exist:
- If a staff member wants to access services from off campus.
- If a staff member has difficulty accessing services from a non-windows device (for example Apple Macs).
- If a staff member cannot run the required version of browser or plugins on their device (e. g Java Runtime Environment).
- If a student wants access to the Office suite, SPSS, EndNote, R Studio or other applications remotely or on a non Windows based device.
- If a student wants to print from their own device to the SIT printing service.
In the above cases the user can simply access Virtual App using the web browser on any device by going to https://virtualapp.ucc.ie and authenticating with their UCC email address and password.
Please follow the instructions in the attached user guide: