- Staff IT Service Desk
- IT Service Catalogue
- IT Security
- Infrastructure and Security Standards
- Online services
- Storage Options
- Return to Work on Campus
- Teaching or Working Remotely
- IT Training Centre
- Student IT Services
- IT Services Newsletter
- History of Computing in UCC
- IT Vacancies
- Open Days
Remote Teaching Cheat-Sheet
Are you ready to teach remotely?
Canvas is UCC’s online Learning and Teaching Platform, and can help you to deliver dynamic and engaging classes remotely.
All staff have been enrolled into a Teaching with Canvas course which is a comprehensive guide on how to use our Teaching and Learning Platform.
We highly recommend downloading the Canvas Teacher Mobile App. This can make it easier to work when teaching online.
Communicating with Students
- In canvas, you can post announcements, send messages and host discussion boards with your students. Check out our pages on Communicating through Canvas
Adding Content to Canvas
- You can upload documents, files and weblinks, structuring your content so that is intuitively presented to students. Much more information is in our Adding Content to Canvas page
- You can easily create audio/video recordings and upload to canvas, which can really enhance the remote learning experience. Check out our guide on how to create or upload media content to your module
Adding Rich Content, Activities and Assessments to Canvas
- You can build online activities for students such as quizzes, assignments (including formative) for students to undertake as well as grading submissions online. Our page on Assignments, Quizzes and Grading has all the info you need to get started.
Host Live Lectures, Tutorials or ‘Office Hours’
- If you wish to host a live session with your students or colleagues, IT Services has prepared a comprehensive guide on how to get up and running.
- Microsoft Teams can be used by all staff and students to host live meetings. Learn how to use Microsoft Teams to support teaching, and review our Microsoft Teams Cheatsheet
Getting Help with Canvas
- Canvas uses your UCC credentials. If you cannot log in, please contact email@example.com
- All the modules that you teach will be on your dashboard when you log in, or else listed under All Courses. If modules are missing from your profile, any colleague already in the module can add you, or else contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Each person has a Test Course where you can safely explore the different functionality and tools of our learning platform.
- If you need any additional help, just hit the Help icon on the left-hand side menu from inside in Canvas where you can chat, email or phone (1800 852 159) the 24/7 canvas support desk. Not only will the team investigate technical issues, but also provide guidance and support about how canvas can be used to support your teaching needs.
- The Centre of Digital Education run Canvas Training throughout the year, and you can also book a consultation session.