Summary: SharePoint allows you to collaborate and share documents and ideas with both colleagues and external users.
Primary users of this service: Researchers, Staff, Student
Who to contact to use this service: E: email@example.com | T: 021 490 2120 | IT Services |
Contact to discuss this service: Christopher McElligott | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | IT Services |
Strategic Focus: Enabling Infrastructure Services
SharePoint is a collaboration tool that can help you organise and share your data in a single location.
It also gives you direct control over who has access to your site and what level of access that they have.
Any user with a valid UCC Office 365 account can set up a SharePoint site by clicking the SharePoint App on the Office 365 portal (www.ucc.ie/o365)
With SharePoint, you can:
- Build internal sites and create pages, document libraries and lists.
- Show important visuals, news and updates with a team or communication site.
- Sync and store your files in the cloud so anyone can securely work with you.
- Share content with UCC colleagues and external users*
Each SharePoint site has a storage quota of 25000GB.
For a quick overview of SharePoint, click here
Creating A New Site
The process for creating a new Sharepoint site has changed.
You can now create or request a SharePoint site in the following ways:
To create a space for collaboration, you can continue to create a team in Microsoft Teams. This will still include a connected SharePoint site where you can store and collaborate on files with colleagues and external users. Visit our guide on how to create a team.
If you wish to create a SharePoint site to host content for internal communications, you can request a Sharepoint communications site from the IT Services Digital Advisory Centre (DAC).
If you wish to discuss how SharePoint could be used a solution to meet your sharing and collaboration requirements, please email email@example.com with a brief outline of your requirements.
* External users may require a Microsoft Account to obtain access to your site. You should add them to your SharePoint site, with the email address that is linked to the Microsoft Account that they have created. For more information on setting up a Microsoft account please click here.