EU Fees, Non EU Fees or Free Fees Status
- First year Home/EU undergraduate students beginning their studies in UCC in September, should click on the link regarding eligibility for 'free fees,' to find out if the state will pay the Tuition component of their fees.
- Criteria for determining eligibility for Free Tuition Fees (56kB) (74kB)
- Where a student has commenced, and completed or not completed a Third Level Course, they need to fill out the previous attendance form, and return to the Fees Office in the North Wing or upload the form here or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org, in order that their eligibility for Free Tuition Fees can be assessed.
- Where a student needs to be assessed for determination of EU/Non-EU status, please complete the EU_Non EU Assessment Form 2022/23 and email it to email@example.com or upload the form here or return to the Fees Office in the North Wing.
- Before submitting the form, please read the EU Fee Assessment - Briefing Notes.
Memo of Understanding (MoU) on the Common Travel Area (CTA) was signed between the Government of Ireland and the Government of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland in 2019. The MoU acknowledged the importance of education noting that “the CTA affords Irish and British citizens the right of access to all levels of education and training, and associated student support in each other’s State on terms no less favourable than those for citizens of that State”.
In terms of higher education, this means that notwithstanding Brexit, UK students will still be eligible for the same fee structures as Irish Students.
Currently Enrolled Students with UK Nationality
Prospective Students with UK Nationality
UK citizens wishing to enrol in Irish Higher Education Institute will remain eligible on the same basis as Irish students, as per the CTA.
For the Free Fees Initiative, once students meet all other criteria as set out in the Free Fees Initiative:
- Students with UK nationality will continue to be eligible under the nationality criteria of the free fees scheme
- UK residency will continue to contribute towards fulfilling the ordinarily resident criteria of the scheme.
For the most up-to-date information on this topic, please visit the Government of Ireland’s website at: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/869e17-studying/