- Accounts Payable Office
- Agresso Support
- Capital & Treasury Office
- Fees Office
- Financial Accounting Office
- Full Economic Costing
- Management Accounting Office
- Office of Research Grants and Contracts
- Payroll Office
- Procurement Office
Late Fee Payment Appeals Process
Late Fee Payment Appeal Criteria 2022/23
Closing date for appeal: May 31st 2023.
Request for appeal:
- Appeals must be made using registered student query.
- Please use subject ‘Late Fee Payment Appeal'.
- Letters from parents will not be considered.
- All relevant documentation can be uploaded to the above link.
An appeal will ONLY be considered on the following grounds:
- If you are appealing on medical grounds and supply all the relevant documentation at the time of appeal (Medical Certification/Consultants/GP letter).
- If you have suffered a family bereavement and supply all the relevant documentation at the time of appeal.
Please note if you are applying on any of the above grounds, your fees must be paid in full at the time of appeal.
An appeal will NOT be considered on the following grounds:
- If you are appealing on medical grounds and you do NOT supply all the relevant documentation at the time of appeal (Medical Certification/Consultants/GP letter).
- If our records indicate you previously missed payment deadlines, previously received late payments charge or the University previously had a payment(s) returned by the bank.
- If you are appealing based on a lack of awareness of the UCC Debtors Policy 2022/23.
- If you indicate in your appeal that you do not use/check your student firstname.lastname@example.org email address.
- If you have not made your parents/guardian(s) aware of your fee payment deadline dates.
- If you are appealing based on non-receipt of reminders to pay fees.
- You have an outstanding balance on your account.
- As an Undergraduate, you are in receipt of funding/scholarship/grant and you omitted paying the capitation fee €138.
When applying, please ensure the following is included in your appeal:
|1||Student ID Number on all documentation|
|2||Correct contact address and mobile number|
|3||All relevant documentation to your appeal|
Please note the decision of the Appeals Committee is final.
Appeals requesting a second review after a final decision from the Appeals Committee will not be considered.
Late Payment Appeals Process
In line with the Student Debtor Policy introduced by UCC in 2011, UCC undertook to implement an appeals process by which the students could appeal any decision to apply a late penalty fee to their fee account.
The following process is proposed:
- All students should be permitted to submit an appeal in writing for all late charges raised in their accounts under the terms of the Student Debtor Policy.
- An Appeals Group will be established with the following Terms of Reference:
- To assess the appeals received from students by consideration of mitigating circumstances detailed in the appeal letter such as bereavement, illness, family breakdown. Documentary evidence to support the mitigating circumstances must be included with the appeal letter.
- To review and decide on all appeals submitted;
- To advise each student in writing of the decision of the Appeals Group.
- The membership of this Appeals Group will be the UCC Finance Officer; UCC Head of Management Accounting and the Student’s Union President or his/her nominee.
- The quorum for a meeting shall be two of which 1 member in attendance has to be the Student’s Union President or his/her nominee.
- All meetings will be minuted and decisions documented.
- The decision of the Appeals Committee is final.
- Any income collected through the application of late charges will be used to support a Student Hardship Fund.
- Appeals and supporting documentation must be submitted within one month of date of confirmation by UCC Fees Office that a late fee has been levied on the student’s fee account.