Late Payment Fee Appeals Process
Late Fee Payment Appeals Process
Late Payment Penalties Appeal Criteria 2017/18
Closing date for appeal: Friday, 28th April 2018.
Request for appeal: Appeal must be made in writing by the student.
Letters from parents will not be considered.
An appeal will ONLY be considered on the following grounds:
- If you are appealing on medical grounds and supply all the relevant documentation at the time of appeal (Medical Certification/Consultants/GP letter)
- If you have suffered a family bereavement and supply all the relevant documentation at the time of appeal
Please note if you are applying on any of the above grounds, your fees must be paid in full at the time of appeal
An appeal will NOT be considered on the following grounds:
- If you are appealing on medical grounds and you do NOT supply all the relevant documentation at the time of appeal (Medical Certification/Consultants/GP letter)
- If our records indicate you previously missed payment deadlines, previously received late payments penalties or the University previously had a payment(s) returned by the bank
- If you are appealing based on a lack of awareness of the Student Debtor Policy 2018-2019 academic year
- If you indicate in your appeal that you do not use/check your student firstname.lastname@example.org email address
- If you have not made your parents/guardian(s) aware of your fee payment deadline dates
- If you are appealing based on non-receipt of reminders to pay fees
- You have an outstanding balance on your account
- As an Undergraduate, you are in receipt of funding/scholarship/grant and you omitted paying the capitation fee €165
When applying, please ensure the following is included in your appeal:
|1||Student ID Number on all documentation|
|2||Correct contact address and mobile number|
|3||All relevant documentation to your appeal|
Please note the decision of the Appeals Committee is final.
Appeals requesting a second review after a final decision from the Appeals Committee will not be considered
Your correspondence and your letter can be:
- Posted to The Finance Officer, North Wing, University College Cork
- Handed into the Fees office
- Left in the Post box outside the Fees Office.
To view process in full, click the following link: