Dr. Zili Li
Dr. Zili Li is accepting applications for Master, PhD students and Postdoctoral researchers.
Dr. Zili Li is available for industrial consultancy.
Dr. Zili Li is a Lecturer in Civil, Structural & Environmental Engineering. He holds a PhD in Engineering from the University of Cambridge and a Bachelor in Civil Engineering from Tongji University in China. He was a Research Associate at the Centre for Smart Infrastructure and Construction (CSIC) in the University of Cambridge. He also has research experience from the Centre for Underground Construction and Tunneling, Colorado School of Mines (CSM).
- Soil-structure interaction: excavation-induced ground deformation, modelling and assessment of underground structure
- Advanced soil mechanics: soil constitutive modelling, soil lab testing
- Tunnelling engineering: ground settlement during tunnel construction and in the long-term, tunnel lining deformation, tunnel segments
- Innovative monitoring techniques: fibre optic sensing technology, wireless sensor network, underground structure monitoring
4. Li, Z.*, Soga, K., Wright, P. (2016), "Behaviour of cast-iron cross passage structures and their 3D FE analyses", Canadian Geotechnical Journal, 10.1139/cgj-2015-0273
3. Li Z.*, Soga, K., Wright, P. (2015), "Behaviour of cast-iron bolted tunnels and their modelling", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 50, 250-269.
2. Li, Z.*, Soga, K., Wright, P. (2015), "Long-term performance of cast-iron tunnel cross passage in London clay", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, 50, 152-170.
1. Li Z.*, Soga, K., Wang, F., Wright, P., Tsuno, K. (2014), “Behaviour of cast-iron tunnel segmental joint from the 3D FE analyses and development of a new bolt-spring model", Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology. 41, 176-192.
7. Kuyt, J., Mooney, M., Mangione, M., Li Z. (2016), “Observed structural behavior during Brisbane AirportLink cross passage construction”, International Tunelling Association World Tunnel Congress, San Francisco
6. Li Z., Grasmick, J., Mooney, M. (2015), “Influence of slurry TBM parameters on ground deformation”, International Tunelling Association World Tunnel Congress, Croatia
5. Li Z., Grasmick, J., Mooney, M. (2015), “Modelling of controlled deformation induced by slurry shield tunnelling”, Rapid Excavation and Tunneling Conference (RETC), New Orleans
4. Li, Z., Soga, K., Bian X., Wright, P. (2013), "Ovalisation of cast-iron bolted tunnels and their modelling", Proceedings of EURO: TUN 2013 Computational Methods in Tunneling and Subsurface Engineering, Germany 2013, pp. 871-878.
3. Li, Z., Soga, K., Wang, F., Wright, P., Tsuno, K. (2012), “Behaviour of cast-iron tunnel segments and their modelling", Proceedings of the World Tunnel Congress 2012, Thailand, 2012, pp. 444-446.
2. Wang, F., Huang, H., Soga, K., Li Z., Zhang, D., Tsuno, K. (2012), “Deformation analysis of a tunnel with concrete segmental lining subjected to ground surface loading using novel joint model ", Proceedings of the World Tunnel Congress 2012, Thailand, 2012, pp. 364-366.
1. Li, Z., Soga, K., Wright, P. (2012), "Behaviour of cast-iron cross passage structures and their modelling", ICCES' 12 Symposium on Fundamental Theory for the Performance Evolution and Sensing-control of Urban Metro Structures, Greece, 2012
University of Cambridge, UK, Ph.D. in Engineering, 2010-2014
Dissertation: "Long-term Behaviour of Cast-iron Tunnel Cross Passage in London Clay"
Tongji University, China, Bachelor in Civil Engineering, 2006-2010
Dissertation: "Numerical Simulation of Reinforced High-Strength Concrete Members under Pure Torsion"
Reviewed papers for Geotechnique, Tunnelling and Underground Space Technology, Computers and Geotechnics, Mechanical Sciences and papers in some other journals and international conferences
Cambridge Philosophical Society, UK, Fellow
Civil Engineering modules CE3004, CE3005 (Mechanics of Soil) and CE4007 (Geotechnical engineering).