SHAPE (Society, Health and Political Economy
The SHAPE research cluster brings together researchers with interests in interdisciplinary approaches to issues relating to health, food and wellbeing, from a wide range of disciplines, including Applied Social Studies, Epidemiology and Public Health, General Practice, Geography, Medicine, Occupational Sciences and Occupational Therapies.
Aims and Objectives:
- To support and promote critical, social scientific and cross-disciplinary health research within UCC.
- To combine research interests and collaborate in research projects, seminars, publications and funding calls.
- To combine different research methodologies and expand Irish health research in innovative directions.
- To highlight the social, economic, philosophical and political dimensions of health and healthcare.
- To impact on Irish health policy by conducting policy relevant health research.