Day 2: Computer Science (part of Science and Engineering week)
College of SEFS deliver a week of Science and Engineering to Transition Year students from 20 schools
Organised by College of SEFS, a Science and Engineering TY Programme is being delivered for the week 8th-12th April, 2019 to give students a flavour of various programmes on offer throughout the Sciences. Participants include: Schools and Departments of Engineering, Physics, Biochemistry, Chemistry and Computer Science.
Special thanks to:
- Dr Sabin Tabira for welcoming students and giving the overview to our Transition Year outreach course offerings for the year.
- Dr Klaas-Jan Stol for delivering a comprehensive overview of our four undergraduate degree programmes.
- Dr Maurizio Mancini for delivering Scratch Programming to the TYs.
- Demonstrators: Tadhg Kearney, Peter O'Donoghue and Jonathan Hanley - in assisting throughout the labs, and giving tours of our facilities.
- The School of Computer Science and Information Technology's Computing Systems Support team for ensuring the laboratory computers were up and running smoothly - without whom we would all be lost.
We wish all students well with their third level course study choices and hope to see them back at UCC in the future.