Curated for You
Think Local act Global - UNIC CityLabs Programme Strand
The European University of Post-Industrial Cities (UNIC) is an alliance of eight universities in post-industrial cities. UNIC CityLabs are meeting points where university and city partners are working together to identify and solve societal challenges faced by their regions. The First International CityLabs Festival will take place in Liège, Belgium between the 14th and the 16th of October 2021. This Festival brings together citizens, academia, government and business from the eight Cities to identify challenges their localities are facing and to try to find sustainable solutions.
This is a hybrid festival with both in-person and virtual programming! We also have events will take place in Cork as part of UCC Community Week. We want you to be part of the Festival!
Watch the short video for an introduction to UNIC CityLabs and read on to browse events curated as the UNIC Programme Strand of Community Week. Join us for events taking place online and on-site in Cork shining a light on Universities coming together with communities around key societal challenges themes of concern to CityLabs.
Green Cities & Sustainability
- Keynote Event: University in the Era of Climate Change (online Wednesday 13 Oct)
- Public Participation Workshop - UCC Green Campus & Cork Environmental Forum (Monday 11 Oct)
- Cork Food Policy Council: Sustainable Food & Community Engagement (online Tuesday 12 Oct)
- Introduction to Community Gardening (Tuesday 12 Oct)
Diversity & Inclusion
- #Progress for Pride Rainbow Walkway & Online Panel Discussion (online Monday 11 Oct)
- Improving Services for LGTB+ People with Dementia (Wednesday 13 Oct)
- University of Oulu Sustainable Development: 'Cultivating Compassion for Inclusion and Sustainability' (online Wednesday 13 Oct)
- CityLabs Festival Liege: Inclusive Local Elections. Trust, Exclusion and Democracy (online Friday 15 Oct)
Urban Resilience & Transformation
- CityLabs Festival Liege: Tourism & Economic Resilience (online Friday 15 Oct)
- CityLabs Festival Liege: Urban Resilience in the Context of Natural Disasters (online Friday 15 Oct)
Healthy Cities and Ageing Populations
- Keynote Event: The Healthy Cities and the Future of Public Health (Wednesday 13 Oct)
- ‘The Patient Effect’ documentary & Q&A (Monday 11 Oct)
- Involving Older People in Community Research (Wednesday 13 Oct)
- Communities of Care: Dementia & Mental Health, UCC Alzheimer Society (Wednesday 13 Oct)
For more on this story contact:
Browse the full Community Week Programme here.