- UCC Community Week 2021
- Monday 11 Oct
- Tuesday 12 Oct
- Wednesday 13 Oct
- A Bee at UCC
- Access UCC
- Artist Talk - Tinka Bechert
- Community Wealth Building
- Creating Together
- Dementia and Mental Health
- Enforcing EU Environmental Law
- Involving Older People in Research
- Keynote_Future of Public Health
- Keynote_University in the Era of Climate Change
- Services for LGBTQ Dementia
- Student Mental Health Strategy Launch
- Virtual Forest Bathing
- working with education
- Thursday 14 Oct
- Friday 15 Oct
- Curated for You
Enforcing EU Environmental Law
Enforcing European Union Environmental Law
Wednesday 13 October, 3-5.30pm
Hosted by The Centre for Law and the Environment this webinar examines selected themes relating to the enforcement of European Union (EU) environmental law including:
- enforcement challenges in the Irish context;
- public participation in environmental law;
- and nature protection law.
It also aims to provide a general overview and critical analysis of key contemporary developments.
The Hon Ms Justice Marie Baker, Supreme Court, will chair the webinar with contributors:
- Áine Ryall, Co-Director, Centre for Law & the Environment UCC (Convenor);
- Sibylle Grohs, Team Leader, Enforcement Unit, DG ENV, European Commission;
- Tom Flynn BL, Law Library; and
- Suzanne Murray BL, Law Library.
The overarching aim of the webinar is to interrogate how best to deliver effective implementation of this complex and rapidly evolving field of law. The webinar is aimed at a wide audience including legal practitioners, the judiciary, Government Departments, regulators, local authorities, academics, NGOs, community groups, students and members of the public with an interest in environmental matters.
Participation is free of charge. Advance registration is essential and early registration is advised.
Enforcing European Union Environmental Law - Webinar Programme
Together with and for Community
This event is funded by the Department of Foreign Affairs Communicating Europe Initiative 2021.
Environmental Research Institute: This event is supported by the Environmental Research Institute (ERI). ERI is a flagship UCC institute that integrates over 400 researchers from 20 University schools and departments and 6 research centres to work together to accelerate the transition to a sustainable society.
UCC Community Week: This event is part of UCC Community Week 2021. During Community Week, staff and students across the university come together with community and public sector partners to host community focussed events and activities. The week long programme of events celebrates UCC as a civically engaged university.