- UDL Principles
- Career Service
- Disability Support Staff
- Exams, Records, Fees and Financial Services
- International Office
- IT Services
- Library Services
- Mature Student Office
- Peer Support
- Sports and Recreation
- Student Counselling and Health
- Student Union Services
- General Inclusive Guidelines
Student Counselling and Health
Specific guidelines to support inclusive practice for those involved in Student Counselling and Health Services:
- Do I promote positive mental health to all students and staff, including education campaigns and services such as mindfulness groups?
- Are waiting times for counselling services stated clearly and adhere to best practice?
- Have I considered digital accessibility in my documents and communications?
- Are students able to self-refer?
- Can students be referred through other support services and staff for a priority appointment?
- Do I ensure that mental health support staff are available to students via referral, either internal or external to the institution, from the health or counselling service?