- UDL Principles
- Career Service
- Disability Support Staff
- Exams, Records, Fees and Financial Services
- International Office
- IT Services
- Library Services
- Mature Student Office
- Peer Support
- Sports and Recreation
- Student Counselling and Health
- Student Union Services
- General Inclusive Guidelines
Specific guidelines to support inclusive practice for those involved in Career Services:
- Are students with disabilities able to seek advice from careers staff in relation to disclosure in the workplace?
- Are internships and placement sites provided with necessary training and clear lines of communication and responsibility?
- Are careers education, information, advice and guidelines available to all students?
- Are mentoring services available for all students on professional programmes?
- Do I provide advice and support to all students on the appropriate attire for interview / workplace and advise on an inexpensive way to achieve this?
- Do I build inclusive employer networks?
- Have I considered digital accessibility in my documents and communications?