- COVID-19 Information
- Semester and Timetable Information
- Study Physics
- Our Research
- Our People
- Careers and Alumni
- Seminars, News and Events
- Outreach and School Resources
- About the School
- What is Physics
- 15th EVN Symposium
- The Crawford Observatory
- Frequently Asked Questions
- MBH Conference
- UCC Futures Quantum & Photonics
UCC Futures Quantum & Photonics
'UCC Futures is an ambitious new programme of research prioritisation coupled with an innovative academic recruitment strategy across ten indicative areas of strategic importance that will build a foundation for economic, societal and cultural resilience and prosperity.'
The School of Physics, UCC along with other affiliations: School of Engineering & Architecture, UCC, School of Mathematics, UCC and the Tyndall National Institute are all involved in the initiative of UCC Futures Quantum and Photonics. Aiming to push the limits of synergistic quantum and photonic research – a key element of this second quantum revolution, and driving a generational change across multiple sectors, including fundamental quantum physics, quantum computing, data transfer, quantum metrology, sensing, quantum matter, healthcare, environment, energy and communications to deliver transformational progress, enhancing daily living while generating novel and disruptive solutions to some of the most important global issues of our time.
Applications are now opened for the following posts:
- Lecturer (3 permanent full-time posts) in Quantum and Photonics: Theory, Materials, Technology and their synergy
- Senior Lecturer (2 permanent full-time posts) in Quantum and Photonics: Theory, Materials, Technology and their synergy
The deadline for application of these posts is 12pm (Irish Standard Time), Tuesday 05 December 2023.
For more information on the posts and details on how to apply, click here.