To advise and assist the Head of School in the leadership and management of examination and assessment practices in the School of Mathematical Sciences. The remit of the Committee includes:
- Draft and implement procedures to support Examinations and Assessments.
- Consider and make recommendations on matters of policy relating to Examinations and Assessment to the Head of School and the School Board.
- Coordinate and oversee assessment procedures in School programmes and maintain standards of assessment.
- Make appropriate arrangements for the marking of examinations scripts and assessed coursework in accordance with the guidelines detailed in the Guide toExaminations and Assessment f or Staff a nd Students.
- Evaluate External Examiners’ Reports and make recommendations based on their feedback.
- Process nomination of External Examiners on behalf of the School, in consultation with the associated disciplines within the School.
- Coordinate the timetabling and attendance of academic staff at University Exam Boards.
- Coordinate School Programme Boards, including External Examiners, to classify graduating students or make recommendations for the award of Honours and to confirm pass lists.
- Coordinate School Programme Boards to consider and approve marks achieved by non-graduating students.
- Make recommendations on awards to the Exam Boards.
- Coordinate and develop relationships with External Examiners and the Academic Affairs and Governance Office.
- Contribute annually to the SOMS School Annual Report.