- Current Students
- Study Maths
- Statement of Service
To advise and assist the Head of School in the leadership and management of examination and assessment practices in the School of Mathematical Sciences. The remit of the Committee includes:
- Draft and implement procedures to support Examinations and Assessments.
- Consider and make recommendations on matters of policy relating to Examinations and Assessment to the Head of School and the School Board.
- Coordinate and oversee assessment procedures in School programmes and maintain standards of assessment.
- Make appropriate arrangements for the marking of examinations scripts and assessed coursework in accordance with the guidelines detailed in the Guide toExaminations and Assessment f or Staff a nd Students.
- Evaluate External Examiners’ Reports and make recommendations based on their feedback.
- Process nomination of External Examiners on behalf of the School, in consultation with the associated disciplines within the School.
- Coordinate the timetabling and attendance of academic staff at University Exam Boards.
- Coordinate School Programme Boards, including External Examiners, to classify graduating students or make recommendations for the award of Honours and to confirm pass lists.
- Coordinate School Programme Boards to consider and approve marks achieved by non-graduating students.
- Make recommendations on awards to the Exam Boards.
- Coordinate and develop relationships with External Examiners and the Academic Affairs and Governance Office.
- Contribute annually to the SOMS School Annual Report.
Questions? Contact us via email: email@example.com
Back to Examinations & Boards Committee