- Taught Courses
- Graduate Studies in Italian
- Evening Courses 2022-2023
- Our Graduates
- Employment opportunities
- The Year Abroad in Italy
- Graduate Profiles
- Promotion of Italian
- Introductory Lectures 2022-2023
- Italian Intensive Evening Courses
Dante Futures: New Voices in Ireland and the UK
The Centre for Dante Studies in Ireland & the Leeds Centre for Dante Studies are glad to announce the upcoming conference Dante Futures: New Voices in Ireland and the UK, which will be hosted by University College Cork on the 11th and 12th November 2022.
Inspired by the A Centenary Celebration of New Voices in the UK and Irish Dante Studies event held at Cambridge and Oxford in November 2021, the purpose of the conference is to give the new generation of young PhD researchers in Ireland and the UK a space to present the latest outcomes of their research in Dante Studies among peers and in dialogue with Early-Career Academics and senior colleagues. The idea is to maintain the conference as an annual event, with the hope of fostering and maintaining a sense of community in Dante Studies.
The conference is sponsored by the Department of Italian, UCC and the Centre for Advanced Studies in Languages and Cultures (CASiLaC), University College Cork, with the Society for Italian Studies (SIS), and will take place in the Dr Dora Allman Room (The Hub, fourth floor) and the Aula Maxima (UCC main campus).
The conference will commence on the afternoon of Friday 11th, and will consist of five panels with fourteen PhDs from Ireland and the UK. Download the programme here.
Highlights of the conference will include:
- Friday 11th, 17.00, Aula Maxima: book launch by Dr Lorenzo Dell'Oso (University of Göttingen) of The Afterlife of Dante’s "Vita Nova" in the Anglophone World, edited by Federica Coluzzi and Jacob Blakesley (London: Routledge, 2022).
- Friday 11th, 18.30, Aula Maxima: exclusive concert of Inferno, solo cello and recorded parts, by Irish composer Elliot Murphy. Register here.
- Saturday 12th, 12.15, The Hub: Keynote Lecture by Prof Giuseppe Ledda (Università di Bologna).
- Saturday 12th, 15.45, The Hub: Dante Futures Roundtable chaired by Dr David Bowe, with the participation of Dr Federica Coluzzi, Dr Lorenzo Dell’Oso, Dr Leyla Livraghi, Dr Valentina Mele, Dr Serena Vandi.