- What is the Graduate Attributes Programme
- Nurturing Bright Futures
- Your Compass
- GAP Podcast
- Students: Supporting your transitions to develop attributes and values
- Staff: Working together to deliver our Graduate Attributes Programme
- Case Study BA (Hons) Economics through Transformational Learning
- Case Study M.Plan
- Case Study OT1004
- Case Study BA (Hons) Film and Screen Media
- Case Study NU4025 Health Informatics for Nurses and Midwives
- Case Study Irish Legal Information Initiative (IRLII)
- Case Study Made2Move Programme
- Case Study MA Arts Management and Creative Producing
- Case Study - GAP and Pharmacy
- Employers: How UCC is preparing students to transition out into professional environments
- About Us
- Events to Support Your Transition Through UCC
- Events to Support Your Transition Out of UCC
- What we are working on
- Prospective Students
The Boolean: Creators, Communicators and Evaluators of Knowledge
The Boolean is an interdisciplinary journal dedicated to sharing the research of UCC’s PhD students, with the aim of connecting PhD students across the various departments and colleges of UCC, and to share their research in accessible language.
It was originally founded in 2010 and ran until 2015, and has now been revived. There are over 1000 doctoral students registered at UCC, conducting research in almost every field of academia. The Boolean provides these students with a forum to describe their research and share their passion and curiosity with the general public and wider university community.
Journal submissions are in the form of short papers, which are evaluated according to intelligibility and coherence for non-technical readers during the peerreview process. The first issue of the revived journal was published in December 2022 and features 35 articles.
The Graduate Attributes Programme were proud to be one of the many supporters of The Boolean relaunch and we want to congratulate the cross-disciplinary team of postgraduate students who drove its revival.
Click here to access the journal.