- What is the Graduate Attributes Programme
- Nurturing Bright Futures
- Students: Supporting your transitions to develop attributes and values
- Staff: Working together to deliver our Graduate Attributes Programme
- Employers: How UCC is preparing students to transition out into professional environments
- About Us
- Events to Support Your Transition Through UCC
- Events to Support Your Transition Out of UCC
- What we are working on
- Prospective Students
Nurturing Bright Futures for Parents/Guardians
Before making their decision to study at university, it is very important that your daughters and sons start reflecting on their personalities, their likes and dislikes and their educational preferences so that they can identify their own unique attributes and values and figure out which university degree is the right one for them. As their parents and guardians, you can help them with this big decision and offer guidance, conversation and discussion as they work through the Nurturing Bright Futures programme.
You will find a link to our Parent/Guardian Booklet below, where we have outlined sections in which you, as their parents and guardians, can help your children by checking in on their progress. You can discuss some of their thoughts and ideas with them and engage in discussion with them about their responses to our worksheets. If you wish to receive a hard copy of the booklet, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
The purpose of the reflective exercises and activities in this programme is to help your sons and daughters understand how they study and learn. This will help them make informed decisions around their future pathways.