- What is the Graduate Attributes Programme
- Nurturing Bright Futures
- Your Compass
- GAP Podcast
- Students: Supporting your transitions to develop attributes and values
- Staff: Working together to deliver our Graduate Attributes Programme
- Case Study BA (Hons) Economics through Transformational Learning
- Case Study M.Plan
- Case Study OT1004
- Case Study BA (Hons) Film and Screen Media
- Case Study NU4025 Health Informatics for Nurses and Midwives
- Case Study Irish Legal Information Initiative (IRLII)
- Case Study Made2Move Programme
- Case Study MA Arts Management and Creative Producing
- Case Study - GAP and Pharmacy
- Employers: How UCC is preparing students to transition out into professional environments
- About Us
- Events to Support Your Transition Through UCC
- Events to Support Your Transition Out of UCC
- What we are working on
- Prospective Students
Nurturing Bright Futures for Guidance Counsellors and Teachers
Before your pupils make the decision to study at university, it is very important that they start reflecting on their personalities, their likes and dislikes and their educational preferences so that they can identify their own unique attributes and values and figure out which university degree is the right one for them. As their teachers and educators, you can help them with this big decision and offer guidance, conversation and discussion as you work through the Nurturing Bright Futures programme with them.
Nurturing Bright Futures is a six module course that has been designed to equip pre-entry level students with the information they need as they prepare to transition into third level education.
The modules include:
- Picking a course that is right for you
- Degree choices and future careers
- Decision-making styles
- Transitioning to Higher Education
- Realities of University Life
- Graduate Attributes and Values
You can bulk enrol your students by clicking here. Registration is free of charge.
Below, you will find a link to our Guidance Counsellor/Teacher Booklet which provides guidelines to all the sections and activities in which you can check in with your pupils. You can discuss with your classes and engage with the pupils by checking in on their progress, discussing some of their thoughts and ideas with them and by engaging in discussion with them about their response to our worksheets. The purpose of the reflective exercises and activities in this programme is to help your pupils explore how they study and learn. This, in turn, will help them make informed decisions around their future pathways and a potential college degree.