- What is the Graduate Attributes Programme
- Nurturing Bright Futures
- Students: Supporting your transitions to develop attributes and values
- Staff: Working together to deliver our Graduate Attributes Programme
- Employers: How UCC is preparing students to transition out into professional environments
- About Us
- Events to Support Your Transition Through UCC
- Events to Support Your Transition Out of UCC
- What we are working on
- Prospective Students
Nurturing Bright Futures for Guidance Counsellors and Teachers
Before your pupils make the decision to study at university, it is very important that they start reflecting on their personalities, their likes and dislikes and their educational preferences so that they can identify their own unique attributes and values and figure out which university degree is the right one for them. As their teachers and educators, you can help them with this big decision and offer guidance, conversation and discussion as you work through the Nurturing Bright Futures programme with them.
Below, you will find a link to our Guidance Counsellor/Teacher Booklet which provides guidelines to all the sections and activities in which you can check in with your pupils. You can discuss with your classes and engage with the pupils by checking in on their progress, discussing some of their thoughts and ideas with them and by engaging in discussion with them about their response to our worksheets. The purpose of the reflective exercises and activities in this programme is to help your pupils explore how they study and learn. This, in turn, will help them make informed decisions around their future pathways and a potential college degree.