- What is the Graduate Attributes Programme
- Nurturing Bright Futures
- Your Compass
- GAP Podcast
- Students: Supporting your transitions to develop attributes and values
- Staff: Working together to deliver our Graduate Attributes Programme
- Case Study BA (Hons) Economics through Transformational Learning
- Case Study M.Plan
- Case Study OT1004
- Case Study BA (Hons) Film and Screen Media
- Case Study NU4025 Health Informatics for Nurses and Midwives
- Case Study Irish Legal Information Initiative (IRLII)
- Case Study Made2Move Programme
- Case Study MA Arts Management and Creative Producing
- Case Study - GAP and Pharmacy
- Employers: How UCC is preparing students to transition out into professional environments
- About Us
- Events to Support Your Transition Through UCC
- Events to Support Your Transition Out of UCC
- What we are working on
- Prospective Students
- Proud Ally
Nurturing Bright Futures for Students
Nurturing Bright Futures is a six module course that has been designed to equip you with the information you need as you prepare to transition into third level education. We hope it will be especially helpful for those of you who cannot access our campus easily, for a range of different reasons. It is designed to be interactive and for you to engage with the material. It will create spaces for you to undertake self-reflective exercises and will stimulate conversations - with your friends, family, teachers and Guidance Counsellors - to optimise your university-readiness.
The Nurturing Bright Futures space will provide you with the opportunity to engage with the topic of your future, a potential college experience and many related themes and it will equip you with skills and tools that you can carry into your chosen degree when you start college. It will also help you to make the most of the resources around you such as your friends, family, Guidance Counsellors and teachers.
Through the use of video lessons, podcasts, articles, exercises, quizzes and other helpful resources, these six modules will give you the opportunity to engage with a variety of resources and introduce you to ways and approaches to college life and college degrees.
- Picking a course that is right for you
- Degree choices and future careers
- Decision-making styles
- Transitioning to Higher Education
- Realities of University Life
- Graduate Attributes and Values
Enrol today and work through the modules at your own pace.