Salaries for MSc Data Science and Analytics graduates buoyant.
The technology sector is going from strength to strength across all disciplines, with roles such as including Project Manager, Business Analyst, Product Manager, Java and .Net Developer, Security, Systems Administrators and Network Engineers set to continue to be popular roles in the year to come. The market for AI/ Machine Learning professionals is forecast to become even more important as we anticipate more employers will begin advertising specialized roles in this niche area.
Looking at the Cork market, the most popular roles were in Project Management, where a lot of projects have been kicking off across a number of organisations and new business is being won by consultancy companies which means they are looking for more Project Management resources. As well as this, Business Analysts, .Net Developers and Data Analysts are also in demand. This is due to a drive by organisations to start effectively using their data in order to add value through informed decision making. Some companies have been increasing their headcount in this area and other companies are bringing in Data Analysis skills for the very first time. (source: Information from 2019 Technology Permanent Salary Guide, Morgan McKinley).
In 2020, 93% of our MSc Data Science and Analytics surveyed confirmed that they had successly found employment.
Samples salaries extracted from the Morgan McKinley Salary Guide 2019.
|Data Warehouse Developer|
|Data Analytics Manager|
Sectors (Companies) employing Data Science and Analytics graduates
- Banking (AIB, BoI, Central Bank, Citi)
- Energy (Bord Gas, Electric Ireland)
- Financial Services (Elavon, Pramerica)
- Food & Agriculture (Kerry, Glanbia)
- Gaming (Paddy Power, Xanadu, Betbright)
- Government (CSO, Revenue, HSE)
- Health (HSE, HIQA,Optum)
- Insurance (Allianz, Aviva, Aon
- Management Consultancy (EY, PWC, FTI Consulting, Deloitte, Accenture, Clarion, KPMG)
- Marketing, Media & Communication (Core Media, Vodafone, Eir, 3,)
- Pharmaceutical (Abbott, Novartis, Regeneron, Johnson and Johnson, Pfizer)
- Research (ESRI, Universities, Insight)
- Retail (Dunnes Stores, Tesco, Super Valu, Amazon, Wayfair)
- Software (SAS, SPSS,)
- Sport (Munster Rugby, GAA, RTE, Sky Sports)
- Technology (IBM, EMC, HP, Apple, Microsoft, Google, Dell, Facebook, Intel, Version 1)