Meet the CIRTL Fellows
The CIRTL Fellows facilitate the enhancement of teaching and learning in higher education, supporting staff and postgraduate students who teach. This role has a pedagogical and a research focus and ultimately harnesses opportunities for accredited and non-accredited CPD at UCC. CIRTL Fellows have a research profile in their own disciplinary fields and bring that strength to bear in the integration of research, teaching and learning.
Scope of role
- Provide pedagogical inputs into the accredited programmes, postgraduate student modules and other staff, and student T&L activities.
- Supervise research projects, as appropriate.
- Facilitate online discussion groups in support of the blended and online programmes.
- Participate in Erasmus+ Capacity Building Projects on which CIRTL is a partner
CIRTL Fellows are required to meet the following criteria:
- Hold a 1H Masters qualification relating to Teaching and Learning in Higher Education, or equivalent.
- Have a research profile in their own disciplinary field.
CIRTL Fellows 2020-21
|Mohammed Abdulla||Physiology||View Profile|
|Lawrence Dooley||Management & Marketing||View Profile|
|JJ Keating||Pharmacy||View Profile|
|Karen Neville||BIS||View Profile|
|Mark Rae||Physiology||View Profile|
|Caroline Shore||Applied Soc Science||View Profile|
|Kieran Hurley||Campus Radio|
|Katie Power||Law (CIT)|
|Phil Scannell||Dental Hospital|
|Gerard O'Keeffe||Anatomy||View Profile|
|Marian McCarthy||CIRTL||View Profile|
|Ciaran Dawson||Gaeilge||View Profile|
|Niall O'Leary||Microbiology||View Profile|
|Robert Butler||Economics||View Profile|
|Serena Fitzgerald||Nursing||View Profile|
|Daniel Blackshields||Economics||View Profile|
|Tracey Connolly||Education||View Profile|
|Declan Kennedy||Education||View Profile|
|Jacinta McKeon||Education||View Profile|
|Eleanor O'Sullivan||Dentistry||View Profile|
|Tony Ryan||Paediatrics||View Profile|