Tyndall National Institute
The Tyndall National Institute (TNI) is a partnership between UCC, the Science Foundation of Ireland (SFI) and the Department of Enterprise Trade and Employment. The Instituted will be housed in the Lee Maltings. Currently the Institute incorporates the NMRC and the Photonics communities within UCC and CIT. It is planned to develop additional space in the Lee Maltings to cater for the planned rapid expansion of the Institutes research activities.
This project comprises of 3 phases:
Zeps Area (John F. Supple) - complete.
New Laboratory Building (Bowen Construction) - Planning received 20th February 2007.
Infrastructure Project Process Piping PC2 - (Leo Lynch Company)
Delivered by the UCC Capital Projects Team
- Project Management Ltd (Project Management/Civil & Structural Engineers/Mechanical & Electrical)
- Scott Tallon Walker: (Architect)
- HDR: (Advanced Technology Facilities Design)
- Jack Coughlan: (Conservation Architect)
- Cantwell Keogh & Associates: (Fire Engineering Consultant)
Project is due to be completed by February 2009. The 2nd Floor of the building has received funding for Photonics Packaging new facility, the same design team applies.