Read what UCC Student Health Does (and Does Not!) do in our Statement of Service
At the Student Health Department we try to do our best to serve the healthcare needs of the students of University College Cork. We are deeply committed to delivering a quality experience in a highly professional manner. We hope that you are happy with the service you experience from us. If you do feel our standards fall below that which iyou were expecting, we would welcome your feedback. You may provide feedback in person to our team verbally, or in writing at any time. If you feel you that wish to make a complaint about our service, please be assured that we will do our utmost to consider your comments and address your concerns.
The procedure involved in making a complaint about our service is outlined in the Student Health Complaints Policy
We would also be delighted to hear from you when you think we have served you well!
Most concerns can be addressed by discussing the issue with the ream member involved, or with the Head of the Student Health Department. If you have discussed the issues directly with these individuals and feel that the matter has not been resolved, to your satisfaction you can submit a complaint in writing using the Student Health Dept. Complaints Form
The Student Health Department seeks to provide services that target illnesses and problems that occur in the University Student population. It does not seek to, and is not resourced to provide a full GP service but has a range of services that may not be as easily accessible in the community. We do provide the following services:
- Primary care of acute and chronic illnesses that present in the community
- Contraception service including insertion of Long Acting implants and IUCDs "Coils"
- Women’s Health, Cervical smear screening services.
- Screening and immunisation against infectious diseases.
- Consultant Psychiatrist Service.
- Sexual Transmitted Infection diagnosis and treatment service
- Travel Advice and Vaccinations.
- Health Promotion Programmes.
- Hospital referral service.
- Ante Natal Care.
- Accident and Emergency.
- Physiotherapy Service. See separate section.