- About the Department and SGPP-L List
- Undergraduate Study
- Postgraduate Study
- Work Placement Portal
- Jean Monnet Seminar Series
- Government and Politics Review
- Our Staff
- Contact Us
- Elections Go!
- Guest Lecture - Video Gallery
- Jean Monnet Project 2017-2019
- Centre for Local and Regional Governance
- Mode of Teaching Delivery and Timetables - Department of Government and Politics
Medical Certificates Procedures
The Department willingly supports students who have genuine difficulties and asks students to please be aware of and observe the following procedures:
- Medical Certificates must be submitted to the administration office (ORB 2.50) or by emailing email@example.com no later than two weeks after the date of examination/assessment deadline or approved assessment submission date. Flexibility will be allowed in exceptional circumstances that prevent submission within the two-week window.
- Students must submit the Medical Certificate Form 2018-2019 together with their certificates.
- On receipt of the medical certificate, the administration staff will initial and stamp the certificate and retain the original in a secure filing system. Upon request, a copy will be provided to the student.
- A copy of each medical certificate will be submitted/scanned monthly to the Student Records and Exams Office (SREO).
- All documentation submitted to the departmental office will be treated with the utmost sensitivity and confidentiality.
- A medical certificate should include the following details:
- The name and address of the prescribing doctor.
- The date of the examination/GP visit.
- The date the certificate was issued specifying the date of return to study or identify a chronic/on-going condition.
- State the impact on the student’s ability to attend for lectures, tutorials, examinations/submit the relevant programme assessment(s).
- The student’s name.