- About the Department and SGPP-L List
- Undergraduate Study
- Postgraduate Study
- Work Placement Portal
- Jean Monnet Seminar Series
- Government and Politics Review
- Our Staff
- Contact Us
- Elections Go!
- Guest Lecture - Video Gallery
- Jean Monnet Project 2017-2019
- Centre for Local and Regional Governance
Medical Certificates Procedures
The Department willingly supports students who have genuine difficulties and asks students to please be aware of and observe the following procedures:
- Medical Certificates must be submitted to the administration office (ORB 2.50) or by emailing email@example.com no later than two weeks after the date of examination/assessment deadline or approved assessment submission date. Flexibility will be allowed in exceptional circumstances that prevent submission within the two-week window.
- Students must submit the Medical Certificate Form 2018-2019 together with their certificates.
- On receipt of the medical certificate, the administration staff will initial and stamp the certificate and retain the original in a secure filing system. Upon request, a copy will be provided to the student.
- A copy of each medical certificate will be submitted/scanned monthly to the Student Records and Exams Office (SREO).
- All documentation submitted to the departmental office will be treated with the utmost sensitivity and confidentiality.
- A medical certificate should include the following details:
- The name and address of the prescribing doctor.
- The date of the examination/GP visit.
- The date the certificate was issued specifying the date of return to study or identify a chronic/on-going condition.
- State the impact on the student’s ability to attend for lectures, tutorials, examinations/submit the relevant programme assessment(s).
- The student’s name.