Application Process for Advanced Entry Transfer:
This information applies to transfers to a year beyond first year from another 3rd level institute.
The application process will open on 3 April 2024 and will close on 3 July 2024. Applications will be assessed after the closing date.
Applications for Advanced Entry Transfer into Medicine for Dental Graduates will open on 6 March 2024.
Applications are made through the UCCApply portal only. The portal will be made available on this webpage on the opening date.
To be considered for Advanced Entry Transfer all of the following criteria must be met:
1) The applicant must be transferring from a Level 8 Honours programme or have completed a Level 7 Ordinary Degree in full.*
2) There must be a vacancy in the course for which the student has applied.
3) There must be compatibility between the two courses.
4) Academic Performance - Applicants must pass all modules in their current programme. Order of merit can be applied in circumstances of limited availability.
5) Applicants who are resitting examinations in Autumn of the year of application are not eligible to apply for Advanced Entry.
Applicants are required to submit the following supporting documentation as part of their application:
- Transcripts - Official stamped third-level academic transcripts to date
- Proof of Identity - Clear readable copy of one of the following; Passport/ Birth cert/ Irish Driving licence (credit card format)/ Marriage cert
- Module descriptions - Descriptions of all modules completed to date as part of current programme. This information is usually available on an institute's website
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency - if applicable
All documents in a language other than English must be officially translated (you cannot translate these yourself).
Please contact the Undergraduate Admissions Office for further information using the Prospective Student Queries form.
- It is the responsibility of individual applicants to assess the compatibility of the programme they are currently registered for with the programme they wish to transfer into by comparing the curriculum of both programmes. You can find information on UCC's programmes on the Academic Calendar and the Book of Modules.
- There are no deferrals granted for Advanced Entry Transfer.
- CK120 Applied Psychology and CK121 Psychology and Computing do not accept transfer applications.
- Due to limited availability of Advanced Entry Transfer places, some programmes may not open for applications in a given year.
- The following programmes are not open for Advanced Entry Transfer 2023-24:
- CK204 Finance
- CK504 Nutritional Science
- CK701 Medicine
- CK704 Occupational Therapy
Specific Entry Routes
* There are additional rules and/or extra routes for the following programmes: