Transfer Entry to UCC
Application Process for Advanced Entry:
This information applies to transfers to a year beyond first year from another 3rd Level Institute.
Applications for Advanced Entry transfer will open on 1st April 2022 and will close on 1st July 2022.
Applications must be submitted through the CAO website www.cao.ie
To be considered for Advanced Entry all of the following criteria must be met:
1) The applicant must be transferring from a Level 8 Honours programme or have completed a Level 7 Ordinary Degree in full.*
2) There must be a vacancy in the course for which the student has applied.
3) There must be compatibility between the two courses.
4) Academic Performance - Applicants must pass all modules in their current programme. Order of merit can be applied in circumstances of limited availability.
5) Applicants who are resitting examinations in Autumn of the year of application are not eligible to apply for Advanced Entry.
Applicants are also required to post the following supporting documentation to the CAO as part of their application:
- Official stamped third-level academic transcripts to date
- Original or certified copy of either Driving Licence Card, Passport or Birth Certificate
- Module descriptions of all modules completed to date as part of current programme. This information is usually available on an intstitute's website.
Please contact the Undergraduate Admissions office for further information https://www.ucc.ie/en/ask/prospective/
It is the responsibility of individual applicants to assess the compatibility of the programme they are currently registered for with the programme they wish to transfer into by comparing the curriculum of both programmes.
Due to limited availability of Advanced Entry places, some programmes may not open for applications in a given year.
There are additional rules and/or extra routes for the following programmes: