Bachelor of Social Work
To be considered for Advanced Entry Transfer to year 2 or year 3 of the Bachelor of Social Work programme, applicants must be completing, or have completed within the past two years, equivalent prior years of a Level 8 Bachelor of Social Work Degree.
As the BSW is a degree for mature students only, applicants must be at least 24 years of age or 25 years of age by 1 January of the year of entry in order to apply for year 2 or year 3 of the programme respectively.
As part of your application, you will be asked for a motivation statement. This should outline your motivation and interest in applying for this course and readiness to pursue professional training in social work at UCC.
Scanned copies of supporting documents have to be uploaded with your UCC Apply Application so please have the following documents ready for upload:
- Transcripts - Official stamped third-level academic transcripts to date
- Proof of Identity- Clear readable copy of one of the following; Passport/ Birth Cert/ Irish Driving licence (credit card format)/ Marriage cert
- Module descriptions - Descriptions of all modules completed to date as part of current programme. This information is usually available on an institute's website
- Evidence of English Language Proficiency - if applicable
- Two references: One academic and one practice/work related (please supply contact details as referees may be contacted).
- The academic reference should be supplied from the equivalent social work programme you are attending / have attended
- The practice / work related reference should be from a recent setting you have worked in either on a paid or voluntary basis.
Applications fulfilling the above requirements will be reviewed by BSW team members and shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview.
Please note, Student Garda Vetting is carried out by the Admissions Office in UCC once a student has registered on the programme.
The application process is now closed.