- Staff IT Service Desk
- IT Service Catalogue
- IT Security
- Infrastructure and Security Standards
- Online services
- Storage Options
- Returning to Work on Campus
- Teaching or Working Remotely
- IT Training Centre
- Student IT Services
- IT Services Newsletter
- History of Computing in UCC
- IT Vacancies
- Open Days
Security Services - Microsoft Windows
Summary: The IT Services Department provides a software update management service through maintenance windows, compliance reporting and automatic enforcement. Updates are tested and released on a monthly schedule to all domain joined Windows computers. The IT Services Department also ensures that virus definitions are kept up to date on domain joined computers using Windows Defender.
Primary users of this service: Staff, Researchers
Who to contact to use this service: E: email@example.com | T: +353 (0)21 490 2120 | IT Services |
Contact to discuss this service: Barry Foley | E: B.Foley@ucc.ie |
Strategic Focus: Enabling Infrastructure Services
While the above measures reduce the risk of your computer being compromised they do not eliminate the risk.
We recommend that you:
- Keep your firewall turned on.
- Don't put an unknown USB drive into your computer.
- Before you open an attachment or click a link in an email message, Facebook, Twitter, etc. confirm with the sender that the message is legitimate.
- Don't click links or buttons in a pop-up window that seems suspicious.
- Never give your password in response to a request in an email message. IT Services will never ask for this information via email.