Summary: The IT Services Department provides a software update management service through maintenance windows, compliance reporting and automatic enforcement. Updates are tested and released on a monthly schedule to all domain joined Windows computers. The IT Services Department also ensures that virus definitions are kept up to date on domain joined computers using F-Secure antivirus.
Primary users of this service: Staff, Researchers
Who to contact to use this service: E: email@example.com | T: +353 (0)21 490 2120 | IT Services |
Contact to discuss this service: Barry Foley | E: B.Foley@ucc.ie |
Strategic Focus: Enabling Infrastructure Services
While the above measures reduce the risk of your computer being compromised they do not eliminate the risk.
We recommend that you:
- Keep your firewall turned on.
- Don't put an unknown USB drive into your computer.
- Before you open an attachment or click a link in an email message, Facebook, Twitter, etc. confirm with the sender that the message is legitimate.
- Don't click links or buttons in a pop-up window that seems suspicious.
- Never give your password in response to a request in an email message. IT Services will never ask for this information via email.