- About the Department
- Media Gallery
- School Welcome Event 2016
- Edmund Spenser in Cork - School of English UCC
- Frank O'Connor: A man of many voices
- Mary Breen: Pride and Prejudice
- MA in Irish Writing and Film
- Ann Coughlan: The Irish Influence on America's Greatest Abolitionist
- MA in Modernities: Romanticism, Modernism, Postmodernism
- MA in American Literature and Film
- MA in English Texts and Contexts: Medieval to Renaissance
- PhD in English
- Prof. Claire Connolly
- Tonio Colona - PhD in the School of English, UCC
- Prof Patricia Coughlan
- Mike Waldron - PhD in the School of English
- Ken Rooney and Heather Laird Book Launch
- School Welcome Event September 2014
- Contemporary American Trauma Narratives Book Launch
- Staged Transgressions in Shakespeare's England
- Seamus Heaney Memorial Event September 2013
- Creative Writing
- Digital Arts and Humanities
- Current Students
- Student Achievements
- Digital Arts & Humanities
Launch of Autonomy, Edited by Kathy D'Arcy
Thursday 19 April 2018, 5:00pm, O'Rahilly Building, School of English Social Area
The School of English Welcomes you to the launch of Autonomy, Edited by Kathy D'Arcy.
- a book about taking our selves back -
What is bodily autonomy?
What does it feel like when it's taken away?
This is a women-led collection of stories, poems, memoirs, essays and more exploring what it means to have bodily autonomy. Read it if you don't understand why no-one should ever be forced to stay pregnant against their will. Read it if you do understand, and would like to be part of the change.
Proceeds from the sale of this book will go to support those working to ensure that all women have access to the full range of reproductive healthcare, including safe legal abortion.
“This collection of thoughts, curated by Kathy D’Arcy, helps us to understand and to celebrate our self determination – and to fight until women truly have what is due to all people: the right to decide.”
- Ann Furedi, BPAS Chief Executive and author of The Moral Case for Abortion(Palgrave McMillan 2016)
For more, see: