PX3001 - Professional Work Experience
PX3001 is an accredited professional work experience module that allows CACSSS students to explore and develop their career interests. This optional module can be taken in any year of your undergraduate degree. Preparatory training is provided, including advice and guidance on CV writing and interview skills workshops.
Students that successfully complete PX3001 will have an extra 5 credits awarded to them as a diploma supplement outside of your degree.
Participating in and completing PX3001 will mean that you will be better prepared for the transition to the workplace when you graduate your degree.
Why should you do PX3001?
Employers are now seeking graduates with high levels of literacy and digital competence, who are adaptable to different workplace environments. As a CACSSS graduate you will be well placed to meet many key attributes required by employers, such as:
- Critical and creative thinking
- Problem solving
- Analytical and data management skills
- Communications skills
- Teamwork and leadership
- Literacy, language skills and digital competence.
By participating in PX3001 you will be supported in identifying these skills and developing the language to express them on a CV and in an interview.
PX3001 will give you the chance to explore areas of professional interest and to gain invaluable, lifelong employability skills.
Dates for Your Diary
- Information Session - Learn about the module and why you should register.
- Live PX3001 Information Session will take place online - Monday February 1st @ 11am.
- An invite will be emailed to all Undergraduates in the College of Arts.
- Registration will open on Monday February 1st. Please use the online form to register for the module: https://forms.gle/HfqKnZDNAEMRDF3C6
- Registration will close on Thursday February 4th.
- Career Workshops.
- Monday February 8th @ 11am
- Monday February 15th @ 11am
- Monday February 22nd @ 11am
- Monday March 1st @ 11am
Please note that live recordings of all the Careers Workshops will be available to all registered students on Canvas.
Registration in Semester 2 will be open from February 1st - February 4th. Please use the following link to register for the PX3001 module: https://forms.gle/tJFwZ3N8cNSFtCyk6
For additional questions and queries, please contact Amy McMullan, Work Placement Manager, CACSSS directly: email@example.com
Download the Brochure
You can get more information on the PX3001 undergraduate professional work experience module by download our brochure at Download the Brochure