PX3001 - Professional Work Experience
PX3001 is an accredited professional work experience module that allows CACSSS students to explore and develop their career interests. This optional module can be taken in any year of your undergraduate degree. Preparatory training is provided, including advice and guidance on CV writing and interview skills workshops.
Students that successfully complete PX3001 will have an extra 5 credits awarded to them as a diploma supplement outside of your degree.
Participating in and completing PX3001 will mean that you will be better prepared for the transition to the workplace when you graduate your degree.
Why should you do PX3001?
Employers are now seeking graduates with high levels of literacy and digital competence, who are adaptable to different workplace environments. As a CACSSS graduate you will be well placed to meet many key attributes required by employers, such as:
- Critical and creative thinking
- Problem solving
- Analytical and data management skills
- Communications skills
- Teamwork and leadership
- Literacy, language skills and digital competence.
By participating in PX3001 you will be supported in identifying these skills and developing the language to express them on a CV and in an interview.
PX3001 will give you the chance to explore areas of professional interest and to gain invaluable, lifelong employability skills.
Dates for Your Diary
- Information Session - Learn about the module and why you should register.
- Live PX3001 Information Session will take place online - Monday October 19th @ 1pm.
- An invite will be emailed to all Undergraduates in the College of Arts.
- Registration will open on Tuesday October 20th. Please use the online form below to register for the module.
- Registration will close on Monday October 26th.
- Career Workshops.
- Monday November 2nd @ 12pm
- Monday November 9th @ 12pm
- Monday November 16th @ 12pm
- Monday November 23rd @ 12pm
- Monday November 30th @ 12pm
Please note that Registration will re-open in Semester 2 when the Information Session and Career Workshops will also be repeated.
Download the Brochure
You can get more information on the PX3001 undergraduate professional work experience module by download our brochure at Download the Brochure