Student Sport Ireland – Launches new strategy
Student Sport Ireland (SSI), the representative body for higher education sport in Ireland, has published its new strategic plan that will guide the organisation’s growth and development over the next three years.
The plan, entitled, Leading Student Sport in Ireland, sets out both the organisation’s strategic objectives and actions to the end of 2024 in addition to its ambitions for the decade ahead. In parallel with the continued growth and development over the strategic period the plan sets out a new mission for the organisation to grow student sport competition, enhance wellbeing, and lead the sector. To enable the delivery of its new mission SSI has identified the following as its key strategic objectives over the next three years:
- More regular activity and competitions for students
- The promotion of the benefits of physical activity and wellbeing to the student experience, the development of a physical activity and wellbeing policy, and student focused activity campaigns
- To provide learning and developmental opportunities for student sports leaders and networking, information and knowledge sharing opportunities for affiliated colleges’ staff
- Greater engagements and partnerships with its key stakeholders (Sport Ireland and Sport Northern Ireland) and the National Governing Bodies
- To lead the sector through stakeholder promotion and advocacy.
Download the SSI Strategic Plan 2021