Curraheen Sports Grounds
Curraheen Sports Grounds (The Farm) is a 10 minute drive from UCC Campus. It's also accessible via the 208 bus, which will bring you to the Technological Park next to the grounds.
This 50-acre site is affectionately known as The Farm, and the facilities consist of:
- 10 multi-purpose grass playing pitches
- 7 grass training areas (all floodlit)
- Synthetic Cricket Crease
- Meeting / Event room
- 10 Dressing rooms (6 male and 4 female)
Grass playing pitches
Currently the Farm consists of 10 playing pitches which are used across a wide variety of outdoor sports and events.
Predominantly the pitches are used as follows:
- Pitch 1 - Rugby (Match quality floodlights)
- Pitch 2 - Soccer
- Pitch 3 - GAA
- Pitch 4, 5, 6 - Soccer
- Pitch 7 - Rugby
- Pitch 8, 9 - Soccer
- Pitch 10 - GAA
- Training area 1-5 - partial training floodlights
- Training area 6 & 7 - full trainnig floodlights
During the summer months of the cricket season, pitch 2 and training area 1 and 2 are closed for all other activities and the area is converted to a cricket pitch.
UCC Cricket club are based her for their summer programme. Training midweek and playing competitive games at the weekends.