- About Us
- News and Events
- SCENARIO Journal
- SCENARIO Books
- SCENARIO Forum
- Join SCENARIO FORUM
- SCENARIO Forum Symposia
- SCENARIO FORUM CONFERENCES
- SCENARIO FORUM Online Research Colloquium
- PROJECT 81 PLUS
- GLOSSARY: Performative Arts – Drama & Theatre in Education
- SCENARIO Archive
- SCENARIO Correspondents
- Contact Us
SCENARIO Forum International Conference 2020
CANCELLED: DUE TO THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC, THE CONFERENCE IS UNFORTUNATELY CANCELLED. APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE THIS MAY CAUSE.
The Call for Papers is open until November 30th 2019.
To view the German version go to Call for Papers - German.
What exactly does it mean to go performative in education? The third SCENARIO Conference will revolve around new and existing connections and collaborations between educational sectors and the performative arts.
We welcome contributions from scholars, teacher trainers, teachers as well as artists and practitioners in education, arts-based disciplines and professional fields of practice. These can be in the form of 25-minute papers, 90-minute workshops, short films, performance pieces and poster presentations (forms not listed here may also be considered).The contributions should touch on one or more of the following aspects:
- Potentials and challenges of performative teacher training
- The roles of teachers and learners in performative pedagogy
- Discipline-specific performative teaching and learning
- Interdisciplinary orientations in performative education
- Inter/transcultural education and the performative arts
- Performative research: Past, current and future research projects
- Theoretical perspectives on performative pedagogy, approaches and practices
- Visionary perspectives: Cultivating performative teaching and learning at all levels of education
Proposals in either English or German ought to consist of an abstract (max. 250 words) and a short bio (max. 75 words). Please send your proposal by November 30, 2019 to email@example.com. The selection panel will meet soon after this date and inform selected contributors in due course.
It is envisaged that selected papers will be published in either SCENARIO journal or in the SCENARIO book series. For details on the SCENARIO project as well as on previous symposia and conferences, see http://scenario.ucc.ie.
The conference is organised by the Departments of German, Theatre and Education at University College Cork (UCC).
Susanne Even (Indiana University, Bloomington), Siobhán Dowling, Dragan Miladinović, Manfred Schewe, Fionn Woodhouse (University College Cork)