- About the Department
- Media Gallery
- School Welcome Event 2016
- Edmund Spenser in Cork - School of English UCC
- Frank O'Connor: A man of many voices
- Mary Breen: Pride and Prejudice
- MA in Irish Writing and Film
- Ann Coughlan: The Irish Influence on America's Greatest Abolitionist
- MA in Modernities: Romanticism, Modernism, Postmodernism
- MA in American Literature and Film
- MA in English Texts and Contexts: Medieval to Renaissance
- PhD in English
- Prof. Claire Connolly
- Tonio Colona - PhD in the School of English, UCC
- Prof Patricia Coughlan
- Mike Waldron - PhD in the School of English
- Ken Rooney and Heather Laird Book Launch
- School Welcome Event September 2014
- Contemporary American Trauma Narratives Book Launch
- Staged Transgressions in Shakespeare's England
- Seamus Heaney Memorial Event September 2013
- Creative Writing
- Digital Arts and Humanities
- Current Students
- Student Achievements
- Digital Arts & Humanities
Trading Words 2015
New arts project set up by Creative Writing MA students in the School of English asks what part creativity plays in Ireland, and seeks participation and submissions from UCC students
Trading Words is a project which is investigating the relationship between creative writing and visual art. Under the auspices of the UCC MA in creative Writing, four students are co-ordinating an event on May 10th at Kinsale Pottery and Arts Centre, and an exhibition of artworks and written responses.
To participate, check the blog at http://www.tradingwords2015.wordpress.com where a selection of visual artworks and creative writing texts are posted. You can respond to either (or both) and send in your submissions for the exhibition, which will run during May in The Coach House Gallery.
Trading Words will culminate in an informal workshop day with lunch on May 10th, where artists and writers will get together to discuss their experiences and create new work.
Attendance at the Trading Words event is free, and places are limited to 50. To book, email firstname.lastname@example.org.