Current research interests include the Use of novel technologies to enhance Anatomy learning.
Assessment of strategies to enhance the Radiology/Anatomy interface.
Assessment of strategies to enhance the Surgery/Anatomy interface.
- Imaging of neurosphere oxygenation with phosphorescent probes Original Research Article Biomaterials, Volume 34, Issue 37, December 2013, Pages 9307-9317
Ruslan I. Dmitriev, Alexander V. Zhdanov, Yvonne M. Nolan, Dmitri B. Papkovsky Perspect Med Educ. 2016 Oct 26. [Epub ahead of print]
- The utility of cadaver-based approaches for the teaching of human anatomy: A survey of British and Irish anatomy teachers. Balta JY, Cronin M, Cryan JF, O'Mahony SM.Anat Sci Educ. 2016 Jun 28. doi: 10.1002/ase.1629. [Epub ahead of pri
- Association between learning style preferences and anatomy assessment outcomes in graduate-entry and undergraduate medical students. O'Mahony SM, Sbayeh A, Horgan M, O'Flynn S, O'Tuathaigh CM. Anat Sci Educ. 2016 Jul 8;9(4):391-9. doi: 10.1002/ase.1600.
- Human preservation techniques in anatomy: A 21st century medical education perspective. Balta JY, Cronin M, Cryan JF, O'Mahony SM. Clin Anat. 2015 Sep;28(6):725-34. doi: 10.1002/ca.22585. Review.
- Medical student perceptions of radiology use in anatomy teaching. Murphy KP, Crush L, O'Malley E, Daly FE, Twomey M, O'Tuathaigh CM, Maher MM, Cryan JF, O'Connor OJ. Anat Sci Educ. 2014 Dec 16. doi: 10.1002/ase.1502. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 25516061
- Relevance of anatomy to medical education and clinical practice: perspectives of medical students, clinicians, and educators.Sbayeh A, Qaedi Choo MA, Quane KA, Finucane P, McGrath D, O'Flynn S, O'Mahony SM, O'Tuathaigh CM.