Paying Fees when Registering:
First Year Undergraduates
- If you have been awarded a grant or if your application is being processed by SUSI, please pay your Capitation Fee (€138) online while you are registering. At online registration, you will be asked for your SUSI Application number (13 digit number beginning with W).
- When you input your SUSI number you will be asked to pay your Capitation Fee (€138) online.
- Please note that the capitation fee is always paid by the student; it is not covered by the SUSI grant.
Subsequent Student Contribution award from SUSI:
- Full Student Contribution: You will have no further liability to UCC for the Student Contribution (€3,000) for this Academic Year.
- 50% Student Contribution: You are liable for the remaining 50% of the Student Contribution, which must be paid as follows: €750 on notification of the award, and the remaining €750 before 31 January 2023.
- Refused SUSI Grant: Please pay €1,500 immediately, and the balance of €1,500 in full by 31 January 2023.
- If you are still waiting for your grant to be renewed and you were awarded the full student contribution in the previous year, please pay €138 online when registering.
- If you are still waiting for your grant to be renewed and you were awarded 50% student contribution in the previous year, please pay €880 online when registering.
SUSI Award Confirmation after Registration:
- Full Student Contribution (same as last year): You will have no further liability to UCC for the Student Contribution (€3,000) for this Academic Year.
- 50% Student Contribution €1500 (same as last year): You should have paid 50% of your Student Contribution liability at registration (€750 plus your capitation Fee of €138). The remaining 50% of your Contribution liability (€750) is due on 31 January 2023.
- 50% Student Contribution (Last Year Full Student Contribution): At registration you should have paid your capitation fee only (€138). If SUSI have notified you that your award for this Academic Year has been reduced by half, you are liable for €750 immediately, and the remaining €750 must be paid before 31 January 2023.
- Refused SUSI Grant (Last Year 50% Student Contribution or Last Year 100% Student Contribution): Please ensure that the full Student Contribution (€3,000) is paid in full by 31 January 2023.
First Year Postgraduates
- Pay half of your Tuition fee less half the Postgraduate SUSI Contribution (50% of €3,500 (€1,750)) online.
- Subsequent award from SUSI
- Awarded Postgraduate Contribution (€3,500): Pay second half of fees less 50% of the SUSI Postgraduate Contribution before 31 January 2023.
- Awarded Full Tuition Fees to maximum €6270 and:
(A) Your Postgraduate Fee is Less than or Equal to €6,270.
Payment made by you during online registration will be refunded when SUSI has transferred payment to UCC on your behalf (usually in December of the academic year).
(B) Your Postgraduate Fee is more than €6,270.
You are liable for the difference between your tuition fee and €6,270.This will be adjusted from your Registration online payment. If amount paid online during registration is greater than the amount of your fees over €6,270, you will be refunded the excess after SUSI has paid UCC, usually in December.
If the online payment made during registration does not cover the cost difference between the tuition fee and the SUSI award, then you are immediately liable for the shortfall
Refused SUSI Grant: Please pay remaining 50% of fees plus the €1,750 SUSI contribution allowed at registration by 31 January 2023.
SUSI Notification of Full Tuition Fees Award known at Registration Part 1:
(A) Your Postgraduate Fee is Less than or equal to €6,270.
You will not be liable to pay anything at registration provided your tuition fees are less than €6,270.
During online registration, when completing the payment steps, please indicate funding and select SUSI-Full Fee Award granted.
At registration, Part 2 on campus, you will be asked to show a copy of your award of Full Tuition Fees from SUSI.
(B) Your Postgraduate Fee is more than €6,270
If your fees are greater than €6,270 then you need to pay the difference in 2 instalments (50% at registration and the remaining 50% before 31 January 2023).
Please note that student cards will not be issued until the required payment is made, except when the student is fully funded.
If at the time of registration SUSI have not notified you of your award rate for this Academic Year, and Last year:
(A) You were awarded the Full tuition fee to a maximum of €6,270 last year and your fees are greater than €6,270, then please pay the difference.
If you wish, you can pay 50% of this now and the remaining 50% before 31 January 2023.
(B) Your fees are less than or equal to €6,270:
At registration when completing payment steps, please indicate funding and select SUSI-Full Fee award granted.
(C) You were awarded the €3,500 contribution:
At registration please pay 50% of your fees less 50% of the SUSI Contribution, and pay the remaining fees less 50% of the SUSI contribution before 31 January 2023.
When your SUSI award for Academic Year 2022/23 is subsequently confirmed and if it differs from the previous year, you will be immediately liable for the balance of Fees not covered by SUSI. This balance must be cleared by 31 January 2023