What is Lecture Capture?
Panopto’s video platform includes easy to use software for recording and live streaming audio, video and other multimedia content from your computer, laptop or mobile device. More information here. This short video will explain how you can use Panopto in UCC.
For examples of Lecture capture recordings, please click here
What's in it for the Teacher?
Panopto is a powerful teaching tool that will help you to
Can Panopto help manage my videos?
More Information here.
Can my students search within a video?
Lecture Capture Locations
AVMS have installed permanent lecture capture systems in a number of central rooms across campus. Locations include:
- Aras Na Laoi G2, G18, G19, G26, G30, G32
- Boole Basement 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
- Brookfield Health Sciences G1, G2, G4, G5, G6, G10, 1.01, 1.02, 1.04, 1.05, 1.21, 1.22, 2.25, 2.42, 2.43, 2.55, 3.01, 3.02, 3.03, 3.04
- Carrigbawn Safari Annex
- Cavanagh LG51, LG52, UG22
- Civil Engineering G9, G10, 1.10
- Connolly A, C, J1, J5, J7, S3, S3A, S5
- Cork University Hospital Lecture Theatre
- Electrical Engineering G1, G2
- Enterprise Centre G7/8, G3, G6, G20
- Food Science Block A Level 1, 3.22
- Geography Lecture Theatre
- Kane B10A, G1, G2, G7, G18, G19, G20
- O'Rahilly Building G27, G38, G41, G42 North, G46, 1.01, 1.23, 1.24, 1.32, 1.44, 1.45, 1.56, 1.85, 2.01, 2.02, 2.03, 2.12, 2.44, 2.55, 3.26
- West Wing 3, 4, 5, 6, 9
- Western Gateway Building G1, G2, G3, G5, G9, G14, G15, G16, G17, G18, 1.06, 1.07, 3.01, 3.02, 3.04, 3.68, 3.69, 3.70, 3.71, 4.02, 4.05
- Windle Anatomy Lecture Theatre
The Lecture Capture process in the above rooms is highly automated. Once a session is booked with AVMS, the lecturer/presenter need only show up in the room at the arranged time. The AVMS team can schedule a recording to take place automatically. Sessions may be booked by emailing email@example.com.
Of course, you can also install the software on your own office computer, be it a desktop PC, laptop or a Mac.
Frequently Asked Questions about Lecture Capture