Current UCC PLUS+ Students
Support from UCC PLUS+
Once admitted to a degree programme in UCC, HEAR/UCC PLUS+ students are eligible to receive many supports throughout their time in University.
From August 30th 2021 The UCC PLUS+ Programme Team are both back on campus and working from home, to ensure students continue to have access to our supports. Teaching and assessment will mainly be on-campus lectures but the capacity of some lecture theatres may require some online learning, as determined by the latest Government advice on social distancing measures.
UCC PLUS+ Supports include:
- A dedicated Support Officer to facilitate your transition to College Life and onward progression to finishing your degree.
- A customised UCC PLUS+ Orientation Programme for first year students which has been tailored for a mix of Online delivery in 2021 and in-person, on-campus tours of our location in the new HUB building.
- Financial bursary, if available.
- Academic support (if required) in the form of extra tuition.
- Workshops to help you with essay-writing, study skills, time management, money management amongst others.
- Access to a dedicated UCC PLUS+ student Resource Room in the new HUB building pending lifting of Covid-19 access restrictions to campus.
- Use of computer equipment including the loan of computer notebooks.
- An allocation of free printing credit loaded on to your student card when you register for College, for use in the Resource Room.
- On-going personal support and guidance from academic mentors and the UCC PLUS+ Staff.
- Information and referrals to Other Student Support Services of the University.
- UCC PLUS+ students will be contacted directly after registration to discuss the availability of laptops as part of the package of supports offered by the Government during Covid-19 lockdown measures.