Current UCC PLUS+ Students
Support from UCC PLUS+
Once admitted to a degree programme in UCC, HEAR/UCC PLUS+ students are eligible to receive many supports throughout their time in University.
COVID-19 UPDATE: The UCC PLUS+ Student Support Officers are engaging online directly with their respective students to help students navigate these challenging times. Support and guidance is being provided across all pillars of student life including academic, financial, personal and social issues.
Planning for the remainder of the 2019/20 and the forthcoming 2020/21 academic years is also ongoing with student welfare being at the centre of these plans.
UCC PLUS+ Supports include:
- A dedicated Support Officer to facilitate your transition to College Life and onward progression to finishing your degree.
- A customised UCC PLUS+ Orientation Programme for first year students.
- Financial bursary, if available.
- Academic support (if required) in the form of extra tuition.
- Workshops to help you with essay-writing, study skills, time management, money management amongst others.
- Access to a dedicated student Resource Room (pictured below) and use of computer equipment including the loan of computer notebooks.
- An allocation of free printing credit loaded on to your student card when you register for College, for use in the Resource Room.
- On-going personal support and guidance from academic mentors and the UCC PLUS+ Staff.
- Information and referrals to Other Student Support Services of the University.