- Academic Policy Portal
- Cur chun cinn na Gaeilge i Saol na hOllscoile
- Health and Safety
- University Safety Policy Statement
- School/Department Safety Management System
- Accident/Dangerous Occurence Reporting
- Persons with Special Needs
- Permit to Work Systems & Safe Operating Procedures
- Student Placement in the Workspace
- University Occupational H&S Dept web site
- Radiation Protection & Bio-Safety
- IT Policies
- Quality Enhancement Unit
Student Placement in the Workspace
University Safety Policy StatementSchool/Department Safety Management SystemAccident/Dangerous Occurence Reporting Persons with Special NeedsPermit to Work Systems & Safe Operating ProceduresStudent Placement in the WorkspaceUniversity Occupational H&S Dept web siteRadiation Protection & Bio-Safety
In a number of academic courses student placements in industry/commerce is an essential and valuable part of the student?s third level education. However, to ensure the University or Academic Staff do not expose in-experienced students to unacceptable health and safety risks during these work placements, special procedures must be put in place.
These include provisions for:
- Prior assessment of the prospective employer's health and safety record.
- Pre-placement training and guidance/ support for students (as appropriate).
- Written placement approval.
- Review of safety procedures, in the placement location.