Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy
IMPORTANT NOTICE : COVID-19
Semester 2 Timetables
As per Government advice, universities should still restrict campus attendance, only allowing the most essential work to take place. Therefore, the following will apply for Semester 2:
Teaching, Learning and Assessment
- All Semester 2 teaching in the form of lectures, small group classes and tutorials will continue online.
- There will be some limited exceptions for face to face based essential practicals/tutorials. The decision on this will be taken by your School/Department and will be based on local conditions and requirements. Your programme/module co-ordinators will communicate with you separately about these sessions.
- Based upon evolving Public Health Advice, additional face to face tutorials/small group classes may take place on campus later in the Semester. These will be determined by individual Schools and Departments and will be communicated to you by your programme/module co-ordinators.
- Every effort is being made to ensure scheduled placements will go ahead, and arrangements are being put in place so that students required to be in clinical settings receive priority access to vaccination.
- Supports for teaching and learning are available at the Success Zone
Semester 2 Assessment/Examinations
- Considering current public health guidelines, Semester 2 assessments will be run remotely/online. There will be limited opportunities to run on-campus invigilated assessments in exceptional cases only.
- Your programme and module co-ordinators will communicate further details of your assessments to you. We have also recently re-instated the COVID19-No Academic Disadvantage measures which were in place last year. These measures take account of the exceptional circumstances in which you are studying https://www.ucc.ie/en/exams/mitigation/
Introducing a NEW PhD Programme - P4Play
Exciting New PhD Opportunity for Occuaptional Therapists! Applications are now open for the @MSCActions ITN-EJD in Occupational Science - P4PLAY. Learn more about this PhD programme and how to apply: https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/495950
Learn All About OT
Click on the following link to learn more about OT & why you should study OT at UCC which was recorded at our recent Open Day. Start the video at 4min; http://ucc.hosted.panopto.com/Panopto/Pages/Viewer.aspx?id=2138c504-eaa7-44fc-b64b-a7b015e86375&start=810.992