The Department of Occupational Science and Occupational Therapy (OSOT) has been involved in many projects, events and Continuous Professional Development (CPD) programmes over the years....to name but a few....
- We have hosted an international event - an Occupational Science Conference. "Occupation: Awakening to the Everyday". For further information on this conference visit www.oscork2013.com
- We were successful in seeking a Fulbright Scholar to partner with UCC. The scholar worked in the department for 6 months during which time she did some teaching and worked on research projects with the OSOT team.
- The Department hosted 2 international events: the Occupational Science UK and Ireland Conference (2004) and the European Network of Therapists in Higher Education (ENOTHE) Conference in 2007.
- Some of our CPD events have included provision of workshops for post graduate training in Sensory Integration and in the use of the Assessment of Motor and Process Skills (AMPS).
- We also take part in the European Erasmus programme. Staff and student exchanges have taken place between Cardiff University, Wales and more recently, University College Lillebaelt, Odense, Denmark as part of this scheme.
Further news can be found by clicking on the "Student & Graduate Info" tab (over on the left - main section tabs)
College of Medicine & Health's Monthly Newsletter is available at http://www.ucc.ie/en/med-health/news/newsletter/
The Dept of Occupational Science & Occupational Therapy has been running a Seminar Series since 2005, whereby we invite both national and international speakers to come and talk about their particular specialised field. These talks are FREE and are offered to students, staff and clinicians. Also, an invitation is extended to our colleagues in the HSE, in the voluntary and private sectors also. The seminars are inter-disciplinary – so everyone is welcome. We aim to run 3 seminars per term each academic year. If you are interested in giving a seminar please contact Ms. Kerry Murphy, Dept Administrator on firstname.lastname@example.org. Please re-visit this page for future upcoming seminars!
We are very proud and grateful to have Trulife of Cork www.trulife.ie as being our main sponsor for these seminars.