- All Scholarships
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Postgraduate Scholarships
- International Scholarships
- Photo Gallery
- College of Business and Law
- Quercus Entrance Scholarships 2018/2019
- Moss Keane Scholarship
- Puttnam Seminar and Puttnam Scholarship Awards Ceremony 2018/19
- Puttnam Scholarships Seminar 2019/20
- UCC Sports Scholarships 2019
- Quercus Talented Students Gala 2019 / 20
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2019/20
- UCC Entrance Scholarship Award Ceremony
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2020-2021
- Quercus Talented Students Gala 2022
- Catherine Keogh Memorial Grant
- STEM Awards 2022
- Quercus Talented Students' Programme 2022/23
- School of History Prize-giving Ceremony 2022-2023
- UCC STEM Awards 2023
- Quercus Talented Students Gala 2023
- Scholar Stories
- Terms and Conditions for Scholarship recipients
The O'Connor Scholarship
At a glance
- Value: €10,000
- You must be a registered student in a postgraduate degree in UCC to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions about this scholarship can be directed to email@example.com
Mr. Dennis J. Doherty of Lynnfield, Massachusetts, endowed one postgraduate scholarship to commemorate his wife Frances P. Doherty, his mother Catherine E. Doherty (née O'Connor) who came from Co. Kerry and his sister Kathleen L. Doherty. The value of the scholarship is c. €10,000.
The award of the scholarship is subject to the following conditions which have been approved by the donor and University College Cork:
- Each scholarship shall be designated "The O'Connor Scholarship".
- One scholarship shall be offered for award annually and shall be open for competition among suitably qualified graduates of University College Cork, who were born in Ireland.
- The scholarship is tenable at University College Cork and is confined to graduates with a parent whose surname on birth was O'Connor.
- The scholarship shall be renewed for at most one year, subject to satisfactory academic performance by the holder.
- If a scholarship is not awarded in any one year, an additional scholarship may be offered in the following year.
- This Scholarship will be paid monthly via payroll over the academic session.
- Candidates who meet all criteria above should submit their scholarship Application Form on or before 5 pm on Friday 9th September 2022.
- If you have difficulties uploading documents in the application form above, please submit your Curriculum Vitae (academic) via email as PDF document, to Dr. Katalin Meagher Albert in the Scholarship Unit, UCC at firstname.lastname@example.org with The O'Connor Scholarships in the subject line.
- References may also be included.
- Late applications will not be considered.
APPLICATIONS for 2022/23 are now CLOSED