News and Events
The Comyn Kelleher Tobin (CKT) Scholarship – LLM Children's Rights and Family Law - Open for Applications
CKT are delighted to support one postgraduate student on the LLM Children's Rights and Family Law at UCC for the academic year 2022-2023 to the value of €2,000
At a glance:
- Value: €2,000
- You must apply for the LLM Children's Rights and Family Law to be eligible for this scholarship
- Questions about this bursary can be directed to Professor Louise Crowley at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applications should be submitted to postgraduate programme administrator, Dympna O'Donovan email@example.com
- Students must secure a minimum grade of 2.1 in an approved primary degree or equivalent.
- Students must have applied for the LLM Children's Right and Family Law via the UCC Applications System, have received an offer and have accepted a place on the programme to qualify to apply for the Scholarship.
Applications will be based on both academic results and a personal statement in answer to the below questions (max. 500 words per question):
- What would receiving this scholarship mean to you?
- Why have you chosen to study the LLM in Children’s Rights and Family Law?
- Where do you see your career bringing you in 5 years’ time?
- A shortlist of students (max 5) will be chosen and an interview will take place to discuss your application. The judging panel will include a representative from CKT and the Dean of the Law School (or their nominated representative).
Applicants must name at least two referees – one academic and one professional.
Please note if a scholarship holder withdraws from the programme for which s/he has registered or fails to continue throughout the year to meet the attendance and other requirements for the programme, including examination entry, s/he may be required to repay to the College the whole or part of the scholarship.
Opens: June 1st
Closes: July 31st
With a team of more than 70 professionals, Comyn Kelleher Tobin LLP (CKT) is ranked in the top 25 law firms in Ireland. CKT has offices in Cork and Dublin, and is internationally recognised as a full-service law firm handling work of a quality and scale that places it among the leading firms in the insurance market, employment and healthcare sectors. CKT’s dynamic team of lawyers have a strong reputation of providing strategic legal advice and superb service in litigation and dispute resolution, healthcare and medical law, insurance, commercial, employment, residential and commercial property, and child and family law.