News and Events
RDJ Diversity Scholarship - Open For Applications
The RDJ Diversity Scholarship is now open for applications (closing date July 31st 2022).
RDJ are pleased to award scholarships to two students from any BCL or LLB programme based on their results in law modules - €5,000 plus work placement or internship
At a Glance:
- Value: €5,000 plus work placement or internship
- Students from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background who have achieved or who expect to achieve at least a 2H2 average in their results in previous year's BCL or LLB law modules will be invited to apply for the bursary in June annually
- Questions and applications on this bursary should be directed to Prof. Mark Poustie, Dean, UCC School of Law, email@example.com
- Students from a Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic background who are registered on any BCL or LLB programme and have achieved or who expect to achieve at least a 2H2 average in their previous year's results in law modules are eligible to apply, and will be invited to submit an application, a personal statement (no more than 300 words), and an essay (no more than 1000 words) - see details below
- From these applicants, the top 5 based on their academic results and the essay below will be invited for interview by a mixed RDJ-School of Law panel
- Each student must compose a short essay of 1000 words discussing the following:
‘Why is Diversifying the Legal Profession in Ireland Important and What Further Steps Need to be Taken to Enhance Diversification?’
This must be submitted together with the application: RDJ Scholarship Application
- A shortlist of students will be chosen and an interview will take place to discuss your application. The interview panel will include representatives from the School of Law and RDJ and success will be based on your interview, application form, academic results and the short essay.
Please note if a scholarship holder withdraws from the programme for which s/he has registered or fails to continue throughout the year to meet the attendance and other requirements for the programme, including examination entry, s/he may be required to repay to the College the whole or part of the bursary.
Opening date for applications: June 1st
Closing date for applications: July 31st
RDJ is one of Ireland’s top 10 full-service law firms. With offices in Cork, Dublin, Galway and London and a team of more than 260 people, the firm offers industry-focused legal advice in areas such as corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, commercial property, employment, tax and dispute resolution. Their clients include scaling and established Irish companies, multinationals, financial institutions and global insurance companies. RDJ has been named as a leading firm in Chambers Europe and The Legal 500.