Introducing our Inclusivity and Sustainability Committees
IT Services have created two new committees to focus on inclusivity and sustainability with a digital lense. Each committee are working to create an inclusivity and sustainability strategy for IT Services and will work with our colleagues in areas such as Inclusive UCC, EDI, HR, Student’s Union, The Green Campus Committee and Building Estates to ensure IT Services meet both the inclusivity and sustainability responsibilities for our University.
IT Services Inclusivity Committee
During the pandemic it became apparent that the dependence on our digital infrastructure was only going to increase. With day-to-day operations and teaching going online it has become imperative that our services can be accessed and utilised by the largest possible cohort of individuals.
The inclusivity committee hopes to ensure that all the applications needed to succeed in UCC consider and meet the needs of our diverse community.
Key Responsibilities of the IT Services Inclusivity Committee
- Develop an Inclusivity Strategy for IT Services covering aspects such as accessibility, diversity and equality.
- Work with business and IT service owners to establish inclusivity plans.
- Develop and enhance relationships with key partners across the university such as UCC Access, Inclusive UCC, EDI, HR, International Office, and UCC Students Union.
- Monitor and report on inclusivity related metrics.
- Lead consultations, communications, and events on inclusivity matters.
Email Itemail@example.com for more information.
IT Services Sustainability Committee
IT Services formed a sustainability committee to align the sustainability goals and efforts of the department with the University's Sustainability Strategy. Initially the group will focus on 3 main pillars, developing the IT Services sustainability policy, sustainability in procurement and energy monitoring from the classroom to the datacentre. The group intends to host events on campus from a repair workshop to talks on energy use and energy savings in IT.
Key Responsibilities of the IT Services Sustainability Committee
- Development of a sustainability strategy for IT Services.
- Keep updated & interpret key sustainably initiatives.
- Working with business to establish sustainability enhancement plans.
- Build & develop relationships with key partners across the wider university such as UCC Green Campus and Buildings and Estates.
- Provide advice for procurement exercises.
- Monitor & report on sustainability related metrics.
- Lead consultations, communications, and events on sustainability matters.
We welcome your feedback and ideas. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org