Non-EU Postgraduate Applications & Offers
Academic Year 2022/2023
Am I an EU or Non-EU Student?
Check our "Am I an EU or Non-EU Student" page to determine your category.
For admission purposes all applicants are categorised into two categories: EU or Non-EU.
Application Procedure for Non-EU Postgraduate Taught Programme
- Some programmes may differ. Please check the Programme Prospectus page for further information for opening and closing dates.
- Data Science and Analytics MSc & Computing Science MSc: Are closed for applications until October 2022 for admission to academic year 2023/24. Check-out similar courses which may still be open.
Applicants who wish to study a taught master, higher diploma, or postgraduate diploma should apply online through the UCC Apply portal. The application fee is €50 (non-refundable) payable by Bank Draft, Postal Order or Credit/Debit Card.
Supporting Documents Checklist Before You Apply
- Official academic transcripts
- Graduation certificate
- Photocopy of passport
- IELTS or equivalent language test accepted by UCC - only for students whose first language is not English
- Official documentation relating to any other academic/professional non-degree qualification
- Reference letters and Grading Certificates may be requested.
All outstanding documentation should be uploaded to the application system when requested. Pending requested documentation will effect/delay the processing of your application.
How is my application processed?
- Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and places are given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applications are reviewed by the International Office and are then sent to the academic unit for consideration.
- A decision is made on an individual assessment for each application. The International Office will issue a decision on the UCC Application System and a Letter of Acceptance or Conditional Letter of Acceptance will be uploaded to your application account.
- This process takes approximately 3-5 weeks from the date of receipt of your complete application.
- Click Application Support and Troubleshooting Tips for frequently asked questions and answers.
To be awarded a scholarship, you must have an accepted offer in your UCC Apply Portal.
- Value: varies (merit based) and is awarded at offer stage in your Full Offer letter.
- Conditional Offers are not awarded scholarships until conditions of offer are met.
Applications will normally be considered from applicants whose qualifications are equivalent to a UCC Bachelor (Hons) degree and whose grades are equivalent to a UCC First-Class Honours Grade 1 or Second-Class Honours Grade 2 as appropriate. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Select Your Region
A Full Offer is made to those successful applicants who meet their chosen programme criteria after academic review.
A Conditional offer will be made to successful applicants who have not yet completed their studies. Conditional Offers are not acceptable for the issuing of visas.