- Go Abroad with UCC
- Study at UCC
- Student Support Information
- Before You Arrive
- After You Arrive
- Visa & Immigration Information
- Welcome Programme
- Welcome Meeting
- Ongoing Supports
- Speed Friendship
- Munster Rugby Match
- Cinema Night
- Irish Dancing
- Board Games
- Cafe Culture
- City Walking Tour
- Cork City Football Match
- Give it a Go Festival
- Sports Sunday
- Cork Action League Board Games Night
- UCC International Office Swap Shop
- Lunch with the LGBTQ Society
- Campus Tour
- Clubs and Socs
- Strategy and Engagement
- About Us
- Contact Us
- UCC CampusConnect
- Why I love Cork
Non-EU Postgraduate Applications & Offers
Academic Year Starting September 2023
Am I an EU or Non-EU Student?
Check our "Am I an EU or Non-EU Student" page to determine your category.
For admission purposes all applicants are categorised into two categories: EU or Non-EU.
Application Procedure for Non-EU Postgraduate Taught Programme
- Some programmes may differ. Please check the Programme Prospectus page for further information for opening and closing dates.
Applicants who wish to study a taught master, higher diploma or postgraduate diploma should apply online through the
- UCC Apply Portal
Application fee: €50 (non-refundable) payable on UCCApply.
Supporting Documents Checklist Before You Apply
- Official academic transcripts
- Graduation certificate
- Photocopy of passport
- English language test accepted by UCC - only for students whose first language is not English
- Official documentation relating to any other academic/professional non-degree qualification
- Reference letters and Grading Certificates may be requested.
All outstanding documentation should be uploaded to the application system when requested. Pending requested documentation will effect/delay the processing of your application.
How is my application processed?
- Completed applications are reviewed on a rolling basis and places are given on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applications are reviewed by the International Office and are then sent to the academic unit for consideration.
- A decision is made on an individual assessment for each application. The International Office will issue a decision on the UCC Apply Portal and a Letter of Acceptance or Conditional Letter of Acceptance will be uploaded to your application account.
- This process takes approximately 3-5 weeks from the date of receipt of your complete application.
- Click Application Support and Troubleshooting Tips for frequently asked questions and answers.
Applications will normally be considered from applicants whose qualifications are equivalent to a UCC Bachelor (Hons) degree and whose grades are equivalent to a UCC First-Class Honours Grade 1 or Second-Class Honours Grade 2 as appropriate. Applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Select Your Region
A Full Offer is made to those successful applicants who meet their chosen programme criteria after academic review. All international students are required to pay a non-refundable deposit when accepting a place at University College Cork, details of which will be specified on your offer letter.
A Conditional Offer will be made to successful applicants who have not yet completed their studies. Conditional Offers are not acceptable for the issuing of visas. All international students are required to pay a non-refundable deposit when accepting a place at University College Cork, details of which will be specified on your offer letter.
Deferred Entry Of An Offer (Non-EU)
To apply for a deferral, applicants must accept their offer and must have met all offer conditions.
The programme deposit required on acceptance of an offer must be paid to continue with the deferral application process. Applicants who do not wish to pay the deposit may choose to reapply and compete for a place in the normal way the following year.
Apply for a deferral to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The decision on the deferral will be communicated to the applicant by email.
To be awarded a scholarship, you must have an accepted offer in your UCC Apply Portal.
- Value: varies (merit based) and is awarded at offer stage in your Full Offer letter
- Conditional Offers are not awarded scholarships until conditions of offer are met
A list of International Scholarships and awards available at UCC.