Format of E-thesis
Theses for examination must be submitted as a PDF file.
Non-traditional submission formats such as video files or audio files will continue to be accepted according to disciplinary norms.
There must be a title page which shall give the following information:
1. The full title of the thesis.
2. The full name of the author, followed, if desired, by any qualifications and distinctions.
3. The qualification for which the thesis is submitted.
4. The name of the institution: University College Cork
5. The School or Department in which the research was conducted.
6. Name of the Head of the School or Department concerned.
7. Names of the Supervisors of the research.
8. The Year of submission.
Sample Title Page is available to view here: UCC Research E-thesis Sample Title Page.
Table of Contents
The table of contents shall immediately follow the title page.
Following the table of contents, a declaration should be included stating that the thesis submitted is the candidate's own work and has not been submitted for another degree. The following wording should be used:
“This is to certify that the work I am submitting is my own and has not been submitted for another degree, either at University College Cork or elsewhere. All external references and sources are clearly acknowledged and identified within the contents. I have read and understood the regulations of University College Cork concerning plagiarism.”
An abstract is required for all final thesis submissions to CORA. We advise that an abstract should be a maximum of 600 words.
The text must be formatted with a left-hand margin 4 cm. Font size 12 and double or one-and-a-half spacing is recommended.