Changes to Registration

Registration Change Requests

To request a no-cost extension to your research programme due to the impact of COVID-19 on your studies please complete and return this form electronically: 

COVID-19 Extension Request form

For all other change requests Research students can use the Research Registration Change Request Form  if you want to:

  1. Change to Full-Time/Part-Time 
  2. Change of Start Date
  3. Change of Approved Number of Years of Study
  4. Change/Addition of Supervisor/Advisor
  5. Major Change of Thesis Title
  6. Change of Research Subject Area
  7. Change/Additional of Module (Thematic PhD only)
  8. Leave of Absence
  9. Extension (for PhD students who do not complete within 6 years from the approved start date (not COVID-19 related))
  10. Change of Programme:
    • Transfer from MPhil/Med/MSocSc to PhD
    • Transfer from Masters by Research to PhD
    • Transfer from PhD Track to PhD
    • Transfer from MD to PhD
    • Transfer from PhD to Masters by Research

Useful Guidelines for Research Students


UCC Research Policies


Graduate Studies Office

Oifig na Staidéar Iarchéime

2nd Floor, West Wing, Main Quad, UCC , T12 YN60

Ask a question

Contact us