How to Apply
How to Apply for a Taught Course
1. Choose Taught Course
At UCC, we offer a variety of full-time, part-time and online postgraduate course offerings. Browse our postgraduate prospectus to find a course that interests you.
For information on entry requirements, course fees and who to contact regarding any questions you may have specific to your course, please check your course prospectus page.
2. Apply Online
All postgraduate applications (with the exception of the Professional Masters in Education (PME)) must be made online at the UCC application portal. You may apply for up to 2 courses in your application (applicants are limited to one application per year). There is a €50 application fee for all courses apart from the Education - Professional Master of Education - (Secondary School/Post-Primary Teacher Training) which has a €100 application fee.
Information on closing dates can be found here
3. Gather Supporting Documentation
The following documentation must be uploaded to the UCC application portal in support of your application:
- Evidence of all qualifications listed on your application, including transcripts of examination results for each year to date that have not been completed at UCC
- Any supplementary documents specifically requested for your course
- Evidence of English language requirements (if English is not your first language)
Your application cannot be processed until all supporting documentation has been uploaded to your application account.
All postgraduate courses have a fee. Fees for EU students are payable in two equal installments. The first payment is due at Registration. Registration is completed online in August/September before the first semester period. The second installment is due at the beginning of semester two in January. If your course required a deposit to secure your place, that figure will be deducted from the installment paid in January.
Fees vary from course to course. To find the fees for your preferred course, check the course prospectus page.
Checklist Before Making an Application
- Valid Email Address - Applicants must have a valid email address to use this online application facility. It is your responsibility to check your account regularly for updates.
- Credit/Debit card - A non-refundable application fee of €50.00 applies.
- PPS Number - Irish applicants are required to provide their PPS number. This is not mandatory for non-Irish applicants.
- UCC Student Number - Applicants who are currently attending UCC or have previously attended UCC must include their UCC Student Number. If you have forgotten your student number, please email email@example.com
How to Check Your Application Status
Once you have completed your taught application, check your application account regularly for updates on the progress of your application.
Eligibility for EU Status
For application and admission purposes all applicants are divided into two categories: EU and Non-EU.
It is important that you establish your status before making an application to UCC as you will retain this status during your study and cannot change from one category to the other in the middle of a course.
If you are unsure of your status, please click here.
The National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ) is a framework of all learning achievements available in Ireland. You can find out more about the level that is required for your preferred course and where your current qualification fits within our framework at this link.
A specific comparison between Irish and non-Irish qualifications is available here.
Requisite qualifications may vary from course to course. Please check the prospectus for individual course entry requirements.
English Language Requirement
Our English language requirements are available here.