You Said and We are Doing
UCC is entering a period of significant change, the new Academic Strategy aims to build connections to provide curricular coherence and to enhance the student experienceFind Out More
ISSE is a powerful tool for supporting enhancement of the experience of students and staff in higher education
The feedback that you provide is integral in order to improve the quality of services that UCC provides on your student journey.Find Out More
1. You said detailed feedback, including exam feedback, helps you make progress academically.
As part of the Connected Curriculum, assessment practices will be aligned with learning outcomesFind Out More
2. High quality academic support and online resources are important to you, particularly when making study choices
Together with our very well received tutorial sessions run across all disciplines, a new Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) will be implemented in the coming months, just in time for the next Academic Year.Find Out More
3. You said that you would like us to offer more online learning opportunities.
UCC is committed to ensure flexibility in the delivery of our programmes, to strengthen the provision of online programmes and enhance access to lifelong learning and greater CPD opportunities.Find Out More
4. More focus on ‘personal development’ and 'employability' and the ways in which a UCC degree allows you to apply what you have learnt in a real world context.
UCC is committed to supporting the development of graduate attributes which are considered important and seen as vital to employers as you embark on your career.Find Out More
5. You would like UCC to provide an even friendlier and sociable environment community of students and staff.
A place where learning is social; the Student hub building will provide “rich opportunities for formal and informal learning creating a 21st century university experience and engaging students and staff in a unique educational and student experience” Coupled with our investment in a new digital hub, our students will be able to access and engage with our services anytime, anywhere.Find Out More
6. You’ve told us that support and access to wellbeing training throughout your time at university really matters.
This year we have increased the range of mental health services available and developed initiatives to increase resilience and reduce feelings of isolation. The Student first responder and bystander intervention programmes have been successfully rolled out to the local community. This adds to the wide range of support services there for you when you need themFind Out More
to providing a distinctive educational experience to its learners based on disciplinary and pedagogic excellence, a research-based curriculum and a student-centred learning and teaching experience. Collecting information from students on their educational experience, using structured approaches, can facilitate understanding of students’ engagement patterns and inform internal dialogue and decision-making.